The Muppets 2011 DVD details

muppetlover123

Reaction score
got this from tough pigs

- The longest muppet blooper reel ever
- A behind the scenes featurete "Scratching the Surface"
- The complete tex richman song in a featurette called "Explaining Evil"
- The table read- the muppets get together and read the films screenplay before production begins
- All the parody trailers
- An audio commentery

But no deleted scenes are you serious!!!!

heres the link http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/16/whats-going-be-on-muppets-bluray-not-deleted-scenes/

Walter

Reaction score
hmm.. Well, I am glad we get to see the birthday scene.. but here's to hoping the deleted scenes are easter eggs(like what they did with TRON : Legay)

..Can't wait for the commentary though:smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh look, another new dvd with nothing but commentary for me. I'm willing to bet those are going to be Blu Ray exclusives. But if they are ONLY releasing it on blu ray I will be a very unhappy camper. I can barely afford regular dvds. I guess the fact those combo packs have a dvd copy is something, but what am I going to do with a useless blu ray disk with all the good stuff on it?

I refuse to use my PS3 to watch movies, as thats what causes PS2s to break. I tell you, my PS2 slim is about 5 years old, and I only watched one movie in it (I had my phat since its release up until I got the slim and it was still going strong, other than the disk tray being dodgy), and yet people who used theirs to watch movies all the time broke within a year.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the source just neglected to mention deleted scenes, or that the source's source neglected. Or perhaps they'll be blu-ray only.

I know many of you like Muppet bloopers, but I'd much rather have deleted scenes than bloopers. I watch deleted scenes on DVD more than bloopers and outtakes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I refuse to use my PS3 to watch movies, as thats what causes PS2s to break. I tell you, my PS2 slim is about 5 years old, and I only watched one movie in it (I had my phat since its release up until I got the slim and it was still going strong, other than the disk tray being dodgy), and yet people who used theirs to watch movies all the time broke within a year.
Really? I frequently watch DVDs on my PS2 and mine isn't broke.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, I dont really know how much truth there is to that. Some people will swear up and down that watching movies on a console is bad for it because the laser is always being used, whereas a game will turn the laser on to load portions of it, but then go inactive until it needs to load again (which is why you can play games with the disk out up until it needs to load).

I hear that slims are more prone to breaking than phats. All I know is that I seem to be the only person I know who can keep a ps2 working, and the only thing different I do is not watch movies in it :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
These better be on the REGULAR DVD and not the premium Blu-Ray fadget version. And they better the HECK put them Deleted scenes back in there. They have access to them. Even if those only get released to Blu-Ray, at least we'd have them.

Pretty disappointing.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh look, another new dvd with nothing but commentary for me. I'm willing to bet those are going to be Blu Ray exclusives. But if they are ONLY releasing it on blu ray I will be a very unhappy camper. I can barely afford regular dvds. I guess the fact those combo packs have a dvd copy is something, but what am I going to do with a useless blu ray disk with all the good stuff on it?

Yeah I stopped buying dvds when I took home Tron Legacy and was shocked to see there was not one single extra on it. I was like forget this. If they are going to slap long time customers in the face like that, then I hope everyone turns to torrents. Especially for the prices they charge...$20 for Tron Legacy dvd with no extras? haha...yeah.

zoebell

Reaction score
i don't understand at all why they WOULDN'T put the deleted scenes on there. why not? what else are they gonna do with them, lock them up in a vault somewhere? what's the point?

seriously, you might as well put them put them out there. it's what everyone wants to see, and as far as i can tell there's literally NO reason to keep them stored away

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I stopped buying dvds when I took home Tron Legacy and was shocked to see there was not one single extra on it. I was like forget this. If they are going to slap long time customers in the face like that, then I hope everyone turns to torrents. Especially for the prices they charge...$20 for Tron Legacy dvd with no extras? haha...yeah.
Like I said... I love hoe they have all these no frills DVD's that cost JUST as much as loaded with feature DVD's from less than 5 years ago that don't sell, just so the studios can cry about how they don't sell, blame pirates and the economy, and wonder why they don't sell.

I hope this isn't the same passive aggressive refusal to pay actors for bits that weren't in the movie that the Simpsons bonus features suffered from. I mean, they're gonna have to pay Wanda Sykes and Danny Trejo if they wanna use that trailer in the parody trailers section. I'm glad they have a whole feature devoted to one IMPORTANT cut sequence, but it's a complete waste that we have at least a half an hour worth of deleted scenes we'll never see unless one of us gets buddy buddy with Jason. I really hope that SOMEONE pushes for all the deleted sequences, or at least the bigger ones, at the very least on the Blu_Ray edition. At least those who have that gadget should be able to enjoy it.