1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Breaking news from Entertainment On-line... Let us know your thoughts and what you hope to see on this new holiday special.

Lady Gaga and the Muppets Team Up for Holiday TV Special

[​IMG] Courtesy: Richard Harbaugh; XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

Lady Gaga is teaming up with the Muppets again!

I can exclusively reveal that the "Applause" superstar and the famous puppets recently shot a television holiday special together for ABC.

Details are being kept under wraps (and we certainly wouldn't want to spoil any of the surprises for you!), but I'm told the colorful production took place in Los Angeles.

Gaga has a long history with the Muppets. Kermit the Frog was her date to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards and Jim Henson's Creature Shop created pieces for her The Monster Ball tour in 2010.
    PHOTOS: Celebrities celebate Christmas
    [​IMG]
    Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

She also once wore an outfit made from plush Kermit toys on German television as a statement against fur.

Gaga was reportedly going to make her movie debut in the The Muppets movie with Jason Segel and Amy Adams in 2011. However, her cameo didn't make it in because the original cut of the film was too long.

The Gaga-Muppets collaboration will be the singer's second holiday-themed special for ABC. In 2011, she hosted (and directed!) A Very Gaga Thanksgiving. Guests included Katie Couric, Art Smith and Tony Bennett.

In addition to many of her hits, Gaga also performed "White Christmas" and Nat King Cole's "Orange Colored Sky." Filming took place at her childhood school, Convent of the Sacred Heart in New York City.

http://www.eonline.com/news/470180/...m_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you're excited about this new Muppet Christmas special, please "like" this post.

2. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Exciting news! A new Muppets special is coming!

DrDientes likes this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This could mean either:
    1. Lada Gaga doing a holiday special The Muppets are guests on
    2. A Muppets special with Lady Gaga
    If it's the former, fine; that's how a lot of Muppet appearances seem to be. If the latter, I'm hoping it's a Christmas, variety-show type special.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  4. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I hope the second one!!!

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow this is exciting

6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow I am surprised we are just now hearing about this.....

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sits, waiting to hear someone whine about how she's the "flavor of the month" like the Muppets have only worked with celebrities with timeless appeal.

You know... like Marisa Benson, Jaye P. Morgan and Shields and Yarnell.

jvcarroll likes this.
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I hope it's a full-on Muppets special, but either way, I'll be happy. Can't wait for some teaser footage to be released.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hmm.

Is this going to be like that Christmas special CeeLo Green did last year?

10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

As long as we get to see a lot of different Muppets and not just Kermit, and Piggy, Animal and Walter. I will be happy!

11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not so much "Flavor of the Month" or whatever, but I AM getting kind of tired of every year, some big, currently relevent artist, gets their own Christmas special where they basically hold a concert somewhere (usually Rockefeller Center, but not always) where a bunch of different artists that are currently trending in the music industry perform their own versions of Christmas carols, or their own original Christmas songs. You hear Christmas music on the radio and in the stores all the time during the month of December, such specials are kind of white noise...

But unfortunately, most specials with plots and characters, apparently the public doesn't like them anymore... or at the very least, kids don't like them apparently, and you know how networks are always desperate to bring in younger audiences.

heralde and MelissaY1 like this.
  12. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Hmm seems interesting hopefully it will appear on the web or air in the uk but either way nice to see the muppets appearing in more things and I do hope more than the main muppets (Kermit,Piggy,Gonzo,Fozzie,Pepe,Animal and Walter) maybe Rowlf can play the piano with who knows we will just have to wait and see

13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I'm not nuts over Gaga, but her antics do make me smile. Muppets make me smile widely. I can see the potential for good chemistry here. Here's hoping I can see the special on my lame broadcast-only TV.

14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a trailer soon or something

15. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Huh. Since we're just hearing about this now (hardly two months before the Christmas season), I'd agree with Oscarfan's latter theory and assume this could be a Lady Gaga special with The Muppets as guests. It sure feels like the Cee-Lo Green thing all over again. :smirk:

16. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Negative Nancy much?

But anyway, this looks like it could be good. I would like to see a Muppet Christmas special where they were the stars (which it doesn't look like this is, and the last time they tried that, we got Letters to Santa...less I say, the better), but I like Lady Gaga's music, and respect her for being a singer who takes a lot of risks, so this might be pretty good.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm not watching it, but I am a huge Lady Gaga fan!

18. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I can take or leave Gaga but, strangely, I can see this working. (I wasn't sold on a Gaga-centric Simpsons episode and that worked, so anything is possible.)

No matter who they're paired with, the Muppets just seem to get Christmas right.

muppetlover123 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  19. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this! Keep a far distance from Kermie Gaga... Or else... XD

20. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

Well when I first heard this I almost fainted . The two loves of my life getting together for one big happy muppety special. There's not a single doubt in my mind that this isn't going to be a hit especially for the Muppets . Lady Gaga has a huge following , and as a fellow " little monster " myself we are very devoted to whatever project she's in . So this can potentially introduced the Muppets to a wider range of people. I have a hunch that Gaga and Piggy are going to do a duet.<3 have i died and gone to heaven :) ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.