The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Woohoo, something else I can't watch because it probably won't air in my country-yay!

I'm kidding. This will be fantastic, perhaps a little unorthodox, but it's the freakin Muppets! So who cares?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
As long as they don't Flanderize Piggy and any of the other characters again, everything will be fine by me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The thing with Lady Gaga is that she is so into the whole early pop-star age that I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if this thing was a really chilled out, John Denver style event. (Last year she had a Christmas Special where she cooked food and sang with Tony Bennett and it was lovely.)

I'm calling Kermit and Gaga singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with interjections from Kermit throughout the song, played in front of a fire-place with stockings.

Remember, Gaga is an actual Muppet FAN. She once said that in her head that whimsy is represented by Kermit.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there was also some awesome, over-produced stuff in there too. Especially with Piggy/Gaga existing in close proximity.

Remember when Piggy sang Poker Face on a motorbike at some fashion show??? (We never DID get a video release of that!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Negative Nancy much?
You know it's inevitable for someone to say that. :halo:

I'm very excited no matter what it is, and I hope that they at least manage to get her to do one acoustic piano piece. The Pop music is better than some of the other stuff out there currently, but she needs to release an unplugged album. Maybe one of jazz standards.

Remember, Gaga is an actual Muppet FAN. She once said that in her head that whimsy is represented by Kermit.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there was also some awesome, over-produced stuff in there too. Especially with Piggy/Gaga existing in close proximity.
I love when we see the Muppets work with entertainers that are huge fans of them. If you look at The Muppet Show, the characters just came out, and some of the guests were a little... off. Now, it seems that we have all these grown up actors and musicians that love the Muppets so much they can't wait to work with them, or personally request them. Why wouldn't someone want that kind of love from a guest?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think it has specifically been said whether this is a Lady Gaga special with other celebrity guests including the Muppets in one or two segments (and maybe a finale with the whole cast of the special) or if the Muppets will be among the stars, like in the John Denver and the Muppets or Studio DC specials (I was surprised that the Muppets were more the stars of the Studio DC specials, I expected them to appear in a few segments).

Lady Gaga is not a "flavor of the month" pop star. I wish she was, but she's been popular for the last few years. When Weird Al Yankovic did his last album, he held it off until he could find the biggest new pop star and the right song, and unfortunately, she was it (I don't think that parody was his greatest, but I also feel that way for some of Weird Al's other lead parodies that are really popular, like Fat and Amish Paradise). I don't like Lady Gaga, I find her overrated, and I hate her nearly as much as I hate Justin Bieber. I sort of hope that the Muppets are just in a segment from the special, but if they are featured as much as Lady Gaga I'll watch the special and probably buy the DVD. And hey, it could make me dislike Lady Gaga less. Of course this special very well could feature Lips and Thog and other similarly obscure characters and make my opinion of the special biased.

Though thinking about whether my favorite obscure characters will be in this, and right now we don't know whether they will or won't, but which would be worse bias: considering a Muppet special one of the worst because one really dislikes the celebrity star, or thinking a Muppet special is the best just because ones favorite obscure character appears for even just a few seconds?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm not at all nuts about Lady Gaga, but the good news is there's a new holiday special coming up with the Muppets, I just hope it's just a short cameo. But we'll see how it will turn out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't listen to a lot of Lady Gaga in general, because quite frankly, with the exception of "Born This Way", all of her songs sound the same. I get "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance" mixed up all the time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Zero interest in Gaga but its nice the Muppets are still keeping up the momentum. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.