The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
How'd I know Elton John would get into this picture? Ah well. I don't have much of an opinion on Gaga, but I guess I can see this working as well as John's appearance on The Muppet Show. Hopefully, the special will live up to those hefty expectations :coy:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Also, I just noticed that the set airdate has been bumped from December 13 up to November 28. So... it's a Thanksgiving special???

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just when I thought the Muppets' were back in their hayday.

Seriously, they're climbing back right into the grave they got buried in five years ago. They've hit the all time low, seriously, Lady Gaga has to be the host?

What's worse is this is called "Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday". The fact that Lady Gaga gets top billing in this thing makes me want to go curl up and hide under my bed.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let's be honest, opinions of Lady Gaga aside, her name has more pull currently than the Muppets do.

I'm not a Gaga fan, and I don't have HIGH hopes for this special, but I'm sure I'll enjoy most of it and it won't completely suck.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm actually out of town that night, so I might end up missing this. Any idea how I can catch this after it airs?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
  • Guests include Elton John, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Kristen Bell and RuPaul
Uh oh, the Moral Guardians are going to have heart attacks over this.
What's worse is this is called "Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday". The fact that Lady Gaga gets top billing in this thing makes me want to go curl up and hide under my bed.
So... what about "John Denver and the Muppets"? I mean, when you think about it, Lady Gaga is a real person, the Muppets are (technically) not real: nobody is going to want to have billing under something that doesn't really exist. Look at SST even, the live actors are billed before any of the Muppeteers. Likewise on all of Sid & Marty Kroffts' old shows, the live actors were billed in the main titles, and the puppeteers were billed in the end titles.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So... what about "John Denver and the Muppets"? I mean, when you think about it, Lady Gaga is a real person, the Muppets are (technically) not real: nobody is going to want to have billing under something that doesn't really exist. Look at SST even, the live actors are billed before any of the Muppeteers. Likewise on all of Sid & Marty Kroffts' old shows, the live actors were billed in the main titles, and the puppeteers were billed in the end titles.

You're right, but I think John Denver was a more decent, respected person, Lady Gaga is a complete horror film. They might as well have "Miley Cyrus and the Muppets with special guest star, Justin Bieber".

lady piggy

Reaction score
Lady gaga is not and I repeat not a horror film. She is a sweet and kind person. Don't judge her by her music or what she wares . I know her like the back of my hand . So I know what I'm talking about., she's just a little different. If you watch anyone of her interviews , you'lll see she just a small time gal from New York city trying to make a difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.