The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Gaga is probably as big a Muppet fan as John Denver or Jimmy Fallon! This was a Gaga vehicle that ABC offered her (after last years Christmas show) and she choose to invite The Muppets to be her main guests. What a gesture!

I still hold her Kermit-Jacket as one of the movers-and-shakers of the newest Muppet-Movement that culminated in the latest Jason Segel helmed movie.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
The more info that comes out the more i'm getting excited seems like it will a fun little show granted not a massive fan of Gaga it still seems like it will be fun I wouldn't go as far as to say she was a horror film maybe slightly kooky but I think that's what it going to make the show and Elton John is also guesting which is giving a more classic Muppet Show feel see loads of potential with it Gaga singing with the Electric Mayhem, hoping Statler and Waldorf will be there heckling granted we don't know how long the muppets will be on the special but either way its a new muppet thing so we should excited :smile: :big_grin: :excited:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Whether she's like that in real life or not, that's the kind of stuff she does. She might still be Stephani Joanne Angelina Germanotta when she's off camera, but it's her wacky publicity videos that made her famous (the same way Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus make it these days).

Now, whether she'll express these kinds of videos in this upcoming special is unknown, (please don't let it be..) she probably won't, but I still judge the way she acts on stage, therefore, I don't like her.

I'm not going to complain any further, becuase I'm actually excited for this in a way, and this is really awesome we get to have a Muppet Holiday special only three months before Muppets Most Wanted hits theaters. I hope this ends up being good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
She's a hard partier, that's for sure, and it kind of shows too (believe it or not, she's only in her 20s, but she looks much older than that), but then again, some were complaining about Ricky Gervais being the lead in MMW because he's an atheist. I had reservations about Jason Segel's involvement with THE MUPPETS (2011) because of how filthy his humor and work in general tend to be... but it seems like in a lot of these cases, these people do tend to clean their acts up a bit and respect the Muppets' integrity (okay, the fart shoes was still beneath the Muppets, but still...), so I don't know, it may turn out to be better than some speculate.

I'll watch it for sure, but like I said earlier, I'm personally tired of the annual, "Year's Biggest Music Artist Given His/Her Own Holiday Special, featuring Every Other Artist That's Currently Trending, with Other Random Celebrities Thrown In" Christmas (Thanksgiving?) special.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So the fact that the Muppets are in the title means that they are heavily featured, beyond just a few segments.

I wonder if Lady Gaga will be in all those sketches. Considering all the extra celebrities who will appear. It might be odd for all segments with the celebrity guests to include Gaga and the Muppets as well.

Has this already been recorded? We just heard about it yesterday, and we already know that it's going to be broadcast in November. Is that enough time for them to complete this special? Is it actually going to be broadcast live (I assume not)? Has it been completed and it just passed our radar until it was completed (and a well-kept secret at that)?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I follow Peter Linz (Walter) on Facebook, and he posted a picture of a sign at a studio that said something about filming and not to be doing any social media. That was posted last week, so I don't know if they where filming it then or what. a lot of people where trying to find out what he was working on but he would say he could not say anything about it.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Whether she's like that in real life or not, that's the kind of stuff she does. She might still be Stephani Joanne Angelina Germanotta when she's off camera, but it's her wacky publicity videos that made her famous (the same way Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus make it these days).

Now, whether she'll express these kinds of videos in this upcoming special is unknown, (please don't let it be..) she probably won't, but I still judge the way she acts on stage, therefore, I don't like her.

I'm not going to complain any further, becuase I'm actually excited for this in a way, and this is really awesome we get to have a Muppet Holiday special only three months before Muppets Most Wanted hits theaters. I hope this ends up being good.

and we get a special look at muppets most wanted also!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just when I thought the Muppets' were back in their hayday.

Seriously, they're climbing back right into the grave they got buried in five years ago. They've hit the all time low, seriously, Lady Gaga has to be the host?

What's worse is this is called "Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday". The fact that Lady Gaga gets top billing in this thing makes me want to go curl up and hide under my bed.

I think I'm gonna be sick.
This is all bull an you know it.

Seriously, what do you want? Someone to reanimate Frank Sinatra and the two dead Beatles?

Gaga is a Muppet fan. What in blazes is wrong with that? Maybe she requested them to be in the special, not the other way around. "WAAAAA! Pop Star I don't like invited the Muppets to be in a Christmas special." We should be so lucky that celebrities actually request Muppets. Jason Segal, Cee-Lo Green, Gaga... all fans. Would you rather them work with someone who outright dislikes them and has terrible chemistry? It's not like MFS when they could only get a bunch of bottom of the barrel C-listers to appear along side the Muppets with terrible results (Hulk Hogan, Rob Schnider, and the cast of Dawson's Creek? REALLY?!?!

This whole Trukk not munky attitude is the worst of any fanbase.

See, beatnikchick... I TOLD you some sourpuss was going to whine all over this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.