The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I know little to nothing as to who Gaga is (thus I neither like or dislike her) and this is making me feel ill.
It sounds like it's going to be the "Christmas Together/Rocky Mountain Holiday" of this generation. Except at least those specials were less than 90 minutes.

Ignatz

Reaction score
Thanksgiving! That almost definitely means they won't show it in Australia.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well if for some reason that it dose not air over seas I will do my best to copy a transcript for those who would want one. I know it's not the same as seeing it but it is better then nothing at all.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well if for some reason that it dose not air over seas I will do my best to copy a transcript for those who would want one. I know it's not the same as seeing it but it is better then nothing at all.
A transcript for the entire 90 minutes of it? Crikey, someone's ambitious!!!!

Thanksgiving ****! That almost definitely means they won't show it in Australia.
I know, it absolutely sucks! I think this calls for some sort if action. Surely it can't be that hard to appeal to a network to air something that has the potential to gain over a million views and a high rating.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A transcript for the entire 90 minutes of it? Crikey, someone's ambitious!!!!

I know, it absolutely sucks! I think this calls for some sort if action. Surely it can't be that hard to appeal to a network to air something that has the potential to gain over a million views and a high rating.
Yes someone has ambition, and to much time on his hands!

They should at least make things viewable on there websites all across the globe, I mean it's not called the world wide web for nothing.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
It sounds like it's going to be the "Christmas Together/Rocky Mountain Holiday" of this generation. Except at least those specials were less than 90 minutes.
Yeah, that is kind of a warning sign considering that the last 90-minute Muppet special was 2005's MWoOz. I don't doubt that this will be better than that lame crapshoot (more than likely, we won't have to wait 20 minutes or so for the first Muppet to appear), but still, there's only so much you can do in 90 minutes.

I did see Gaga's last holiday special, the Thanksgiving one from 2011, with my family; I can't exactly remember why or even that much of it. It seemed homey and wholesome from what I can remember, but unremarkably so compared to some other Christmas specials; I know some people aren't going to agree with me on that, but it honestly didn't leave that big of an impression on me, save for the Tony Bennett duet. I'm into jazz and big band music, so seeing her croon with him was pretty cool and wasn't out of place at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that is kind of a warning sign considering that the last 90-minute Muppet special was 2005's MWoOz. I don't doubt that this will be better than that lame crapshoot (more than likely, we won't have to wait 20 minutes or so for the first Muppet to appear), but still, there's only so much you can do in 90 minutes.
It would have to be really bad to be worse than MWO. I'll agree 90 minutes is a bit much (unless 90 minutes is the total run time with commercials, making it less than 70 minutes on home video). I couldn't see too much more than a small plotline and them singing Christmas songs together. I wouldn't be surprised if a soundtrack (possibly digital over physical) were released after the special.

Still, I've yet to see a decent current Christmas special being produced. Except, of course Disney's Prep and Landing series.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think we really have to worry about this being worse or on the same lines as Muppets Wizard of Oz. At the time that it was made there where a lot of things going on in the background, including Disney buying the Muppets, and then not really sure what to do with them.
Disney has a clear path I think on how to treat the Muppets for the most part, and I really see this as the start of the push for the new movie.

It will be great to see Elton John work with the Muppets again, and I hope they do some wonderful songs through out the show.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This is all bull an you know it.

Seriously, what do you want? Someone to reanimate Frank Sinatra and the two dead Beatles?

Gaga is a Muppet fan. What in blazes is wrong with that? Maybe she requested them to be in the special, not the other way around. "WAAAAA! Pop Star I don't like invited the Muppets to be in a Christmas special." We should be so lucky that celebrities actually request Muppets. Jason Segal, Cee-Lo Green, Gaga... all fans. Would you rather them work with someone who outright dislikes them and has terrible chemistry? It's not like MFS when they could only get a bunch of bottom of the barrel C-listers to appear along side the Muppets with terrible results (Hulk Hogan, Rob Schnider, and the cast of Dawson's Creek? REALLY?!?!

This whole Trukk not munky attitude is the worst of any fanbase.

See, beatnikchick... I TOLD you some sourpuss was going to whine all over this thread.
Like I said, I gave up complaining about it already. It's a complete waste of time to complain now, since nothing even happened yet.

I actually have to admit I'm pretty excited for this. I'm happy there is a Muppet special being released so close to Muppets Most Wanted. I just hope the Muppets can manage to pull in much more screen time than Gaga. Just not sure how realistic that would be, since it is called "Lady Gaga and the Muppets"

Any idea who's directing this? I'm hoping it will be someone from the Muppet side, like James Bobin or Nick Stroller. I don't like putting the Muppets in the hands of an outsider.:concern:

The guest stars sound like they'll be fun. I'm a fan of Joseph-Gordon Levitt, and love John's music, and Kristen Bell is a hilarious comedian from one of my favorite shows ever (30 Rock).
EDIT: Sorry, got her mixed up with Kristen Schaal who also made a cameo in The Muppets. I don't actually care for Bell all that much, but a few extra cameos don't usuall tend to hurt.
Special guest stars Lady Gaga, Elton John and RuPaul? Think of the wardrobe costs in this special! :smile:

Please don't disappoint me, Muppet special. Hopefully, this might be what will drive people to go see MMW in March. I hope this goes well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't mind Gaga's name being first. That's nothing new with the Muppets, they've always known the celebrity gets more people in front of the TV (even when they shouldn't :wink:).

Status
Not open for further replies.