The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackbot

Reaction score
He is an EXCELLENT drag queen. In drag, she could give Miss Piggy a run for the Diva Of The Month. Out of drag, he's...well, he's a guy. I loved him in But I'm a Cheerleader, and I can't wait to see him (or her!) with the Muppets.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He is an EXCELLENT drag queen. In drag, she could give Miss Piggy a run for the Diva Of The Month. Out of drag, he's...well, he's a guy. I loved him in But I'm a Cheerleader, and I can't wait to see him (or her!) with the Muppets.
I guess I'm showing my age here but my first exposure to RuPaul was the Brady Bunch movies, and yeah I kinda missed the obvious at the time, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drag queens still have rights. They're people too.
So are gays.

The thing of it is, people are going to be up-in-arms over this, because there's a bunch of stigmas at play here: one is the stigma that the Muppets "are for kids" (or even worse, "are for babies"), and another stigma is that the very idea of homosexuality or crossdressing or things like that are "not kid-friendly", so the idea that a drag queen is going to be featured alongside the Muppets are going to get a lot of people in a tizzy. Like when POSTCARDS FROM BUSTER did an episode with a girl with "two mommies", people got offended and had the episode banned; when J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore, parents boycotted the entire HARRY POTTER series for trying to introduce children to an "evil cult"; when people found out the Smuckers Jelly company sponsored figure skater Johnny Weir, they got upset so Smuckers stopped sponsoring him because he wasn't "family friendly". How NPH got passed these fanatic groups when he was Telly's Shoe Fairy on SST is a mystery.

The sad truth is, we're going to have to expect controversy over this special, and RuPaul will more than likely be the source of a lot of said controversy.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So are gays.

The thing of it is, people are going to be up-in-arms over this, because there's a bunch of stigmas at play here: one is the stigma that the Muppets "are for kids" (or even worse, "are for babies"), and another stigma is that the very idea of homosexuality or crossdressing or things like that are "not kid-friendly", so the idea that a drag queen is going to be featured alongside the Muppets are going to get a lot of people in a tizzy. Like when POSTCARDS FROM BUSTER did an episode with a girl with "two mommies", people got offended and had the episode banned; when J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore, parents boycotted the entire HARRY POTTER series for trying to introduce children to an "evil cult"; when people found out the Smuckers Jelly company sponsored figure skater Johnny Weir, they got upset so Smuckers stopped sponsoring him because he wasn't "family friendly". How NPH got passed these fanatic groups when he was Telly's Shoe Fairy on SST is a mystery.

The sad truth is, we're going to have to expect controversy over this special, and RuPaul will more than likely be the source of a lot of said controversy.

I used to love Postcards From Buster! Why were people offended by the episode with the two mommies? What I really want to know is that why the episode was banned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just explained it: homosexuality is considered to be non-kid-friendly by these fanatical conservative groups, and as such, to feature such a thing on a kid show or family show is considered morally reprehensible.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Great News! :smile::fanatic::news:

I think this is a great idea, many people other than us haven't seen Just for Laughs so their last exposure to the Muppets was the last movie and although not a 12 year gap it has been long enough for the general public to "forget" the Muppets so this is great. A free Muppet special before having to pay again to watch them on the big screen and I can actually see more people going to watch the new film after remembering watching this special on thanksgiving with their families.

Lady Gaga and the Muppets actually sounds very promising, I hope we get the Muppets trying to put on a Christmas special alongside Lady Gaga and failing miserably as they did on the Muppet show. This is going to be good, I'm excited. We've had a few Christmas telemovies in the last few years but this is the first time the Muppets are doing an actual (Christmas) special on tv since I don't know when (not counting studio DC).

If we're lucky maybe next summer we'll get Lady Gaga & The Muppets Rocky Mountain Holiday :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.