The Muppets and Sondheim

Dr_Bunsen

Reaction score
Hey

Some of you may remember me, I used to post here a while ago.

Anyway, fellow muppet fans, one needs your advice. I am a member of a dramatic and operatic society, called the University Players, in London. We are performing Stephen Sondheim's Company at the Greenwood Theatre, London, in November, and our Director has set a challenge (for a prize, which I reckon is chocolate brownies) to see who can find the most bizarre sondheim recording. We do not need the recording itself, just proof that it was recorded.

Can anyone here help me out. I know that the muppet show did a few Sondheim tracks. Anyone know what they were? I know for a fact Glynis Johns did Send In The Clowns, and Liza Minelli did Everything's Coming Up Roses (which are both from the Sondheim back catalogue) but were there any others?

Please help me,

Ray :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
In the Loretta Swift episode, they all sang "Side by Side".

radionate

Reaction score
Here's some more:

Joel Grey episode features "Comedy Tonight"

Ethel Merman sings a medly with "Together" from Gypsy

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Check www.kermitage.com if you want. They have a list of all the shows from all the seasons and you might pick a few out there I've forgotten. MC has Episode Guides for Season 1 and 2 now as well.