The Muppets and VH1's 25 Greatest Rock Cameos

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Special Guest Star Alice Cooper of The Muppet Show was placed at the number 10 spot on the VH1 special of 25 Greatest Rock Cameos on Television. The show featured clips of The Muppet Show episode, and some interesting comments by various people who have seen the episode.

One comment in particular was from Alice Cooper himself, who stated, "The Muppet Show is probably the most fun I ever had in my life doing anything."

Another person said, "The song 'School's Out For Summer' is one that had been banned in many schools across the nation. And Jim Henson picks Alice Cooper (who was described as a Satanic guy throughout the segment) to play it on this children's show!"

It was kinda sad to think most people, even after seeing the Alice Cooper episode, regarded the show as for children, but, oh, well.

In case you missed the special tonight, it will be re-airing tomorrow at 3:00 in the afternoon on VH1.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
9:00 PM and again at 11:00 PM. It's 11:30 now (EST), so, that part of the show should be coming up shortly...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I realized that shortly after posting...

It's pretty neat. I was going to post about this shortly after I saw it, but, my brother wouldn't let me use the computer.

Coulda warned all those Mountain timers too. Nuts!:smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
They might still have time to catch the 11pm show.

I just saw it. Short, but it is a list show after all. It's nice to see some of the Muppets get air time for something other then being nice and cute.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
FYI. The song's called "School's Out" not "School' Out For Summer". :stick_out_tongue:

Kermielovah

Reaction score
Alice Cooper freaked me out

No one ever believed me when I said for YEARS Alice Cooper was on the Muppets. He scared the crap out of me as a kid. I found validation in a Jim Henson book I got in college thankfully and this just helps to verify it. I loved the VH1 countdown!:smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I saw that. I really liked how what they said about Jim picking the controversial guy--I know what you mean Scoot about them still seeing it as a children's show. :rolleyes:

I wasn't even planning to watch it but I was watching whatever was on before it and when it showed clips of the Muppets in the cameo thing, I thought I had better stay tuned. :big_grin: