1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets appear in commercials for American Express

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by LaRanaRene, Nov 17, 2015.

1. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

The Count, Duke Remington and ploobis like this.
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Wow, Uncle Deadly is really getting around!

LaRanaRene and Duke Remington like this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow love uncle deadly!

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

My fave was the one with Uncle D, I'm now in the mood for some egg salad. Love the drawl in his delivery and :cluck:'s reactions.

But there's one thing I question about this campaign... Small Buisness Saturday on Saturday, November 28? Seriously? Yes, support your local business on Saturday November 28, the day after you've been fending off mad hordes of crazed shoppers on Black Friday on the 27th. :skeptical:

LaRanaRene and Pig's Laundry like this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah,it does seem like it should either be the week before or the week after Black Fiday

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Okay. I saw Piggy's during The Muppets tonight and it confused me. I thought that was part of the show. I may want to check that ad again. So Janice has a doppleganger? Rully. Maybe Constantine's long-lost girlfriend. :confused:

LaRanaRene likes this.
  7. The Count

Wait, was that a Muppet at the organic gardening store :flirt: visited? Thought it was a human character. *Shrugs.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Glad to see Uncle Deadly getting his own commercial, and especially glad to see some chickens back in Muppet stuff. The current show could use some background chickens.

9. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Nice to see the Muppets reuniting with their old friends Amex. Fozzie and Uncle Deadly were my favorites here. :)

10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Uncle Deadly is the sole drive behind my love for the Muppets lately. What a great promo!

11. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

These are all great! So happy to see a wide variety of characters used in this campaign. I think the Fozzie, Janice and Uncle Deadly bits are my favourites.

(Uncle Deadly! Seriously! Did ANYBODY see it coming that Uncle Deadly is emerging as a bit of a Muppet cult hero for the new millennium? I'm sure even Matt Vogel is as amazed by this as we are...)

12. Daffyfan2003

I saw a new one today with Kermit and Miss Piggy for Capital One. It kind of surprised me because I thought AE and CO were rival companies. How can they both use the Muppets?

13. LaRanaRene

Unless they signed a contract stating they can't appear in commercials for rivals, I think the Muppets can appear on anything they're able to.

14. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

That Fozzie one was hilarious, no charge for the best customer.

15. The Count

There's another new one with Scooter getting lunch for Miss Piggy at Happy Hank's Food Barn. The link's the first one in line in the article covering this promotion at the Muppet Mindset.
    *Goes to get some non-gluten-free goulash. :hungry:

LaRanaRene likes this.
  16. Daffyfan2003

That sounds like a good one, Count. Can you be a little more specific about the link though?

17. The Count

Unfortunately I'm unable to copy the link. Just go to the Muppet Mindset, you'll find an article covering the Muppet Small Business Saturday commercial videos, the one with Scooter is the first one that you can click on the relevant youtube "Watch" button once there. Hope this helps.

18. LaRanaRene

The Count likes this.
  19. The Count

Yep, that's the one, thanks for posting it here. :)

20. Daffyfan2003

Got it. Thanks guys.

This is a heck of a lot easier than keeping my TV on all day and waiting for the ad to appear. :)

LaRanaRene likes this.