1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets are coming to Disney World's Liberty Square in a new attraction

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by snichols1973, Jun 30, 2016.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

:news: The Muppets are apparently coming to Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom. The rather lengthy facade refurbishment of the Heritage House seems to have been for this new attraction which will have The Muppets teaching and interacting with guests concerning U.S. history. The Muppets characters, which were reportedly built in a collaboration between the Muppet Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, will be appearing high above guests in the second story windows of Liberty Square.

wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/breaking-the-muppets-are-coming-to-liberty-square-at-the-magic-kingdom-in-new-attraction/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

3. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

From the Disney Parks Blog ...

[​IMG]

"Beginning this fall, the Muppets will be visiting Magic Kingdom Park, where they’ll take part in an all-new live show, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.”

Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America.

Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will make its debut in October 2016."

Sounds great to me! Can't wait to check this out!

Duke Remington and LaRanaRene like this.
  4. Curious how they'll appear. Costume walk-arounds? Guest puppeteers? Animatronics? Animatronics based on the movements of the regular puppeteers?

5. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Real puppets I believe. It's unknown if they'll be lip syncing to a pre recorded track or if it's live, though.

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's so weird to me they're putting the Muppets in an event at Magic Kingdom and opening the Pizza-Rizzo restaurant, but at the same time canceled the show. I'm obviously not complaining about the Disney World additions, they sound great, but it doesn't seem to add up with the show being cancelled.

TheWeirdoGirl and Muppy like this.
  7. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Well i prefer this then no muppets at all!

Duke Remington and charlietheowl like this.
  8. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

From what I'm aware, a live actor is on the ground and the Muppets appear in windows above, popping out Laugh-In style. Live puppetry, but all pre-recorded audio. Still even though Kermit and others aren't live, it will still be really exciting to see the actual puppets in person, and this gets the characters into the most popular theme park in the world!

I have a trip in mid-October so hopefully performances will have started by then. I'm super excited about this.

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  9. Maybe they felt this theme park attraction was a better fit for the characters than the show was.

goldenstate5 and scooterfan360 like this.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Whoah, I assumed it'd be early 90s full bodied costumes...actual puppets is so much more amazing.

And loving the Muppet restaurant coming. A shame theres not a hint of Muppety stuff anymore at Disneyland in California, but looks like they indeed have a permanent home in Orlando.....now if only we could one day get a Muppet ride!(even if it was just a kids ride)

[​IMG]

11. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Yeah, they need more stuff in the Disneyland California, last time I was there I only found two Christmas ornaments & a coffee mug with the cast.

Duke Remington likes this.
  12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member