1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets at D23 Expo 2011

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Aug 19, 2011.

1. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

So, THIS happened today!
    [​IMG]

newsmanfan and Duke Remington like this.
  2. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

4. ploobis

Wow! It's great seeing and hearing Rowlf sing again! Bill's doing a great job with him.

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So glad to see Rowlf part of the main core again. Been a long time coming! But yeah doesn't seem like that much Muppet stuff or news so far. I'm sure Muppetmindset will have a full rundown if any other stuff happened or products were shown

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

OMG! Rowlf is there! I'm so jealous. I want meet him and Kermit and Miss Piggy!:)

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well, hey. Rowlf, Kermit and Piggy were there. That's something. Brian Henson will be in SF tomorrow along with Dave Goelz and Karen Prell so I'm not sure how much more Muppeting will go on this Saturday at D23. I think Bill is heading down for the Stuffed and Unstrung here too. They'll still have Kermit and Piggy at the convention I guess.

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Barry Lee likes this.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Heh... Yorick got a nose job.

Yorick likes this.
  10. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Just watched the "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" video... I was rolling. That was hysterical. Is there a video of the original with Jim?

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow, Yorrick is back? Trippy! And they replaced Kermit with a yellow Fraggle lady? Very very cool surprise. Brian Henson is looking rather sexy and rugged the older he gets.While it'd be nice if Brian Henson could work in closer capacity with Disney for the Muppets(apparently his characters are MIA in the film), seeing him present at D23 is quite cool.

And holy crap, Jamie is right...total Muppet legend invasion on two fronts in San Francisco...ugh, so wish I had gone this weekend instead of last

http://plancast.com/p/6tho/labyrinth-25th-anniversary-screening-celebration

and

http://sanfrancisco.broadwayworld.c...s-at-the-Curran-Now-thru-August-27th-20110820

12. ploobis

Here's D23 honoring Jim Henson with a great video tribute and after the "Grown Accustomed" sketch Brian talks about some of his memories with Jim.

http://youtu.be/nklokVLxwJQ

13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wow, they actually shot footage from the first season Raggmopp segment? I don't know if it appeared in the 60 Minutes behind-the-scenes appearance or Of Muppets and Men, but I find it odd that a first season segment had behind-the-scenes footage.

14. Drtooth

15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

those videos where awesome i need some mp3s of that

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

17. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

"I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face" is available on any recording or soundtrack of the musical MY FAIR LADY.

18. Drtooth

Also at the D23....

Details of the Toy Story cartoon paired with The Muppets

I call shenanigans... there hasn't been a toy story kid's meal since... uh... well, TS2... and even then, Buzz hasn't had once since Buzz Lightyear of Star Command... unless there was a Pixar heroes one years back. Cars was officially the last one to have anything with it.

19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Any merch news?