The Muppets Celebrate 40 Years of Sesame Street

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here's a new idea for a fanfic to celebrate Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. The Muppets put together a big celebration on Sesame Street to celebrate its 40th year on television. Muppets from different shows and specials come together to share their own memories about Sesame Street and what they loved about watching the show since its premiere in 1969. I'll work on this as soon as possible.

What do you think of this idea?

muppets2

Reaction score
Here's a new idea for a fanfic to celebrate Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. The Muppets put together a big celebration on Sesame Street to celebrate its 40th year on television. Muppets from different shows and specials come together to share their own memories about Sesame Street and what they loved about watching the show since its premiere in 1969. I'll work on this as soon as possible.

What do you think of this idea?
i think it is pretty good but there should be everybody just not some because it would be a HUGE party u might want to invite leo (LOL)

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Now I know who you're talking about. I watched the clip on YouTube not too long ago. If you ask me, that's probably what Richard was like the majority of the time, the life of the party! LOL!

muppets2

Reaction score
Now I know who you're talking about. I watched the clip on YouTube not too long ago. If you ask me, that's probably what Richard was like the majority of the time, the life of the party! LOL!
yea life of the party hope u post first chapther soon

there is nothing else to talk about until u post chapther 1

bye

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter One:
Kermit: Everything's lookin' good, guys. Oh! Hi-Ho, Kermit the Frog here for Sesame Street News and today is a very special day here on Sesame Street and I'm providing live coverage of the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. Yes, it's hard to believe isn't it? 40 years ago, the world was introduced to the place we all know and love and it is the one, the only... drumroll, please!
(Drumroll)
Sesame Street! (Shows street sign)
(Sesame Street theme plays)
Announcer: It's The Muppets Celebrate 40 years of Sesame Street. Featuring all your favorite Muppets from "The Muppet Show", "Fraggle Rock", "The Jim Henson Hour", "Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas", "The Tale of the Bunny Picnic" and "The Christmas Toy"! Introducing our guest stars: Lena Horne, Robin Williams, Maya Angelou, Paul Williams and Bill Cosby! And introducing the cast of Sesame Street!
Cast: Sunny day sweepin' the clouds away.
On my way to where the air is sweet.
Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?
How to get to Sesame Street?
How to get to Sesame Street?
Kermit: Yes, indeed, folks. Sesame Street is 40 years old!
Oscar: Yeah, well, who cares?
Kermit: Everybody does, Oscar. Ever since its first episode in 1969, millions of people have watched the show and learned plenty from the show.
Oscar: Well, I've been around since the beginning and all there has been is too much niceness and sharing! Oh, no! And it look like there's a party goin' on over there.
Kermit: Well, that's because we're celebrating the 40 years Sesame Street has been on television. Isn't it great?
Oscar: No, it's rotten, that's what it is! This day is going to get worse and worse.
(Lid slams)
Kermit: Well, there's one thing that hadn't changed, Oscar being a grouch, Sheesh!
Fozzie: Kermit! Kermit!
Kermit: Hey, Fozzie!
Fozzie: Wocka, wocka, wocka! Hey, this looks like a great party!
Kermit: Yep, we're celebrating 40 years of Sesame Street!
Fozzie: (Gasp) It's been 40 years?
Kermit: Uh, yes, Fozzie. You heard right. 40 years.
Fozzie: Wow! What an achievement! You know, if I'm not mistaken, you, my froggy friend, came up with the title.
Kermit: I don't mean to brag, Fozzie.
Fozzie: Oh, don't be so modest. Let's have look at the exact moment Sesame Street was created.
(Clip from Sesame Street pitch reel when Kermit comes up with Sesame Street as the title for the new show)
Kermit: Yep. That's how Sesame Street was created. Hey, where's everyone else? You know, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Robin and all the others?
Fozzie: Oh, they'll be here soon, they're just running late, that's all.
Kermit: Oh. Well, folks, this will be a great celebration, one for the record books. Stay tuned. We'll have more on this special celebration when we return.

muppets2

Reaction score
wow really good chapther one loved oscar's part and will beakie be puting on the lights LOL?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Two:
Kermit: Getting more and more crowded here. Oh! Hi-ho and welcome back to the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. As you can see, more and more people are arriving for the party.
Leo: Hey, Kermit, baby!
Kermit: Uh, hello. Who are you?
Leo: I'm Leo the party monster! Heard there was a party goin' on so I figured I'd show up to liven things up.
Kermit: Well, you haven't missed a thing yet.
Leo: Good thing. I'll just mix and mingle amongst the crowd here. Talk to ya later, huh?
Kermit: Uh, sure. Anyway, as people arrive, I'll be asking questions to everyone about what they remember most from watching Sesame Street.
Grover: Hey, froggie, baby! (Slaps Kermit on the back)
How are you, froggie?
Kermit: Uh, doing good, Grover.
Grover: Wow! What a turnout today.
Kermit: Yeah. Well, Grover, I might as well ask you, what do you like best about being part of 40 years worth of Sesame Street?
Grover: Hmm. Well, other than working side by side with you, I liked working with all the kids that have come on the show.
Kermit: Yes, the kids. The kids are what the show is all about.
Grover: Let us have a look at the kids we've seen.
Montage of kid segments:
Grover with Jon-Jon
Kermit with Joey singing the alphabet
Ernie and Bert with Shola
Grover with Maya and the indicisive arrow
Herry with Jon-Jon
Cookie Monster with Jason and the "DOG" sign
Kermit with Fanny and Shola with "Between"
Interview Segment:
Kermit: Kermit the Frog here and I'm asking many different Muppets about what they like and what they remember most about Sesame Street. I'll be asking those questions as people enter into the most famous street in the world.
Fozzie: I definitely love the kids on the show. They just have to be themselves and they characters just have to play along with what the kids do.
Scooter: I love the kids. They're so funny sometimes and they make you laugh and the character's antics make it the absolute funniest moment there is.
Wembley: The kids are the best. The kids on the show are real smart and I think they make the characters smarter because they learned something from the kids.
Gonzo: My favorite kid moment was when Kermit and this girl, Joey, was singing the alphabet and then out of nowhere, she says, "Cookie Monster". That just goes to show how spontaneous kids can be.
Philo: My favorite moment on Sesame Street was when Herry Monster and... what was the kid's name?
Gunge: Jon-Jon?
Philo: Yeah. That's it. Jon-Jon were countin' to twenty and Jon-Jon was not only a great counter, he was very entertaining to watch.
Gunge: He really was.
Kermit: How about that? Just goes to show you that kids brighten everyone's day when it comes to Sesame Street. Stay tuned for more great Sesame Street moments and more Muppet interviews after this.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! It's been great so far! Very cool. I hope we can see some classic Sesame Street characters show up as well (including ones that have come and gone):smile: