1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by bobhopesite, Sep 18, 2004.

1. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

2. Then why'd you tell us it was here? :confused:
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Well technically that is a new muppets.com site (it no longer has Mickey Mouse Club Kermit and says he's the ahppies frog on earth), and it is here. So technically there is the new muppets.com here, and a even newer one coming on October 25.
  4. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Sorry about I just got a little too excited. Sorry for the mistake.
  5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

6. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I like their little pop-up Muppets. Fun fun!

On another note, I notice I've violated several of their internet safety rules...
    Erin
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I find the Mickey ears on Kermit distasteful, especiallys aying he's the happiest frog on earth. ugh. But this new teaser site is wonderful...too bad JHC never updated the site.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah they've even taken the Disney out of the address which is very interesting. I think as far as the "higher ups" are concerned they want to keep the Muppets seperate from Disney. I had heard quite a few things to this effect.
  9. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Which ones? :)
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think i've violated all of em .... and i often have to ask mommy for help!!

Of course you aint seen nothing until you've watched the Mickey Mouse cartoon on Internet Safety! http://disney.go.com/surfswell/index.html
  11. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

:sing: ...and the beat goes on.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh man that was hillarious...I just love how they try to tackle more modern 'themes' and 'situations'. Theres an easter egg on the site whereMickey and Minney teach ya about the birds and the bees...which, I guess would result in beeds, or birs.
  13. leliebel

leliebel New Member

I've violated 5 out of 8 :p

And the ask your parents was funny, it's usually the other way round. I'm better at spotting posers than my mom is. :D
  14. leliebel

leliebel New Member

Oh my...

That was hilarious!

Especially since I have a huge internet meeting tomorrow. So if I don't come back alive...

I loved the euphemisms they supplied in the temple of tact. They were often very patronising and that made them worse than the originals, especially considdering what they wanted to say. :zany:
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i've got my Certificate Of Swellness printed out from the Disney Company - maybe i'll frame it and put it on the mantle. At least if we get any people who aren't cyber smart coming onto MC we can be tactful and give them that link.

I think the cheesy american voiceover and the tinkly music made it even more special and disneyfied! Just think, we can look forward to Muppet stuff like this .... yay ! :eek:
  16. leliebel

leliebel New Member

I think you need a HUUUUUG

:D
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

bah...I didnt even have net access til I was 18(1996) That is the way it should be for all! ^__^ (we sure would get wayyy less "oMG sO liek ne1 iNTO FonZIE!!?? cuz he's reely cOOl lOlZorz!1111"

this would be very very good...as in very very very good. Oh yes...too early to rejoice? Perhaps...but alas, the nightmare of seeing the logo 'Disney's Muppets' may have been avoided.
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I can't get B & Beek. Darn.
  19. dizzyizzy

dizzyizzy New Member

YAY!! I'm sooo excited that they're re-doing muppets.com. It's been awhile (or forever) since it's had a makeover. I'm a huge muppet fan, so I can't wait! :)
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Only about 7 years since it was updated;) Honestly, had Disney not bought the Muppets I doubt if JHC ever would have updated it...itd be like if Lucasfilm had never updated starwars.com since te special editions came out.