The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're a member.

I agree with "Amazing Mumford". I'd much rather wait another 13 days for a good website then have a bad, unfinished one now.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
I'd much rather wait another 13 days for a good website then have a bad, unfinished one now.
I agree, but I would like to just hear a "we're sorry". It is like they are unable to admit they made a mistake and if they ignore it maybe we'll forget. Please.. all we want to an apology and explination. We aren't demanding the site (we can wait as long as it takes), but we are demanding some respect.

T

timrikthegorf

No offence but they really do not need to apologize. You basically know why the site is not up. This is a company trying to put up a web site. They didn't harm us in anyway by delaying it. Delays happen all the time with the action figures and I haven't seen anyone asking for an apology.

They are trying to build a web site for the fans. They do not have to do it. They could have left it without an update. They do not owe any of us an apology.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
They told us a time (to the second) to when to see the site, and they changed it. OK they have that right and I respect their decision. But they gave us no reason. Is it becuase the site is not ready? Are they expanding their original plan? Are they moving it to hype an event? Why? And why when questioned on it do they not respond?

Granted things are delayed, but when something is pushed back they usally make a reason known. When DVDs, action figures, video games, movies, ect are pushed back the company usally says it was to prefect the product, to release it at a better market time, to tweek it, cause it was not done, something! But there has been none here. They will not even admit they had listed another time before, and that's what bugs me. They lied and are avoiding answering to why. I'm not expecting a press release or a big statement, just a small reply to an e-mai or post on the count-down site saying they changed the release date for "blank"reason, sorry for the delay but it will be worth it.

They made a mistake on predicting when they would be ready to launch, or changed their mind, that's ok. But pretending they didn't is ignorance and rude to the fans,

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I was upset at first as well, but I must admit that I think that we are overacting. You are right that cds, DVDs, action figures and other such things get pushed back all the time to improve the product. But when this occurs, the companies do not put out a press release or an apology explaining the delay, we just assume that they are improving the product. It should be no different with this website: they had a projected date, but they wanted to make the site even better for us so that we could really enjoy it. Yes, it was a let down for a day or two, but there will be a new Muppets.com eventually, and I am sure that after it comes out, it will have been worth the wait.

Complaining because we have not received an apology is just silly. Wouldn't you rather have them work on improving the site and getting it up before the next deadline than responding to overly-angry emails?

Plus, they did move the date back in a fairly clever way - by blaming the Muppet labs timer. It seems like a very fun Muppet way to admit a mistake. I think that is a small reference that us fans can appreciate, and hopefully it is a sign of similar references that will occur once the site is open.

T

timrikthegorf

They just werren't ready. Maybe they aren't responding because they are working on the site. They simply do not have to explain it to you if they do not want to and there is no reason to complain about it. There may be a reason they have not responded you know.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea 9 days im really sure that we can count on it really being 9 days.

oH BOY IM SO HAPPY 9 DAYS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now that i got that out of my system i feel much better. lol