The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

Barry Lee

Reaction score
waiting...:rolleyes: :sleep: tick tock tick tock......

I AM READY OKAY GUYS?? :boo:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
privacy falls? virus cave? really? I must say if I ever see Miss Piggy telling me that we should respect old people, Statler and Waldorf being abolished for prejudice or Bert and Ernie getting girlfriends I shall get very irritated.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In comparison to the atomic clock for the official time (to the mili-second). For people in the united states, the site will launch on:

October 26, 2004 at 05:55:54 AM Greenwich Mean time (GMT)
(You can convert for other time zones)

Being they have the counter counting to the second I hope it is accurate to the second (but I doubt it is). Why they chose 01:55:54 AM Eastern Time (New York), or in Pacifc Time (California) that is 10:55:54 PM.

I will be checking the site the second the counter hits zero. I really hope it is accurate, cause if by 2:00AM Eastern Time it is not up, I'll be mad - not that the site is not up (I've waited this long, I can go much longer), but because they lied. And since they went to the trouble to make a counter (to the second) they better live up to it. I hate when people get very specifc about something and then don't live up to it.

I can't wait until the 26th at 6:00AM GMT, I looks like it should be a great site

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
I just hope the muppets stop behaving badly, and start living up to the reputation that Jim Henson original created for them. Toilet Jokes, and bad writing can only go so fair before it gets old...YA KNOW.

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
In comparison to the atomic clock for the official time (to the mili-second). For people in the united states, the site will launch on:

October 26, 2004 at 05:55:54 AM Greenwich Mean time (GMT)
(You can convert for other time zones)

Being they have the counter counting to the second I hope it is accurate to the second (but I doubt it is). Why they chose 01:55:54 AM Eastern Time (New York), or in Pacifc Time (California) that is 10:55:54 PM.

I will be checking the site the second the counter hits zero. I really hope it is accurate, cause if by 2:00AM Eastern Time it is not up, I'll be mad - not that the site is not up (I've waited this long, I can go much longer), but because they lied. And since they went to the trouble to make a counter (to the second) they better live up to it. I hate when people get very specifc about something and then don't live up to it.

I can't wait until the 26th at 6:00AM GMT, I looks like it should be a great site
You are correct GelflingWaldo.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I just hope the muppets stop behaving badly, and start living up to the reputation that Jim Henson original created for them. Toilet Jokes, and bad writing can only go so fair before it gets old...YA KNOW.
They were never really wholesome though. I mean, Statler and Waldorf scream "Here come the bikinis!" in GMC. They swear a little, they drink, they chase girls, they blow each other up. Seriously, have you ever watched some of the older Jim Henson stuff besides Muppet Babies? Statler and Waldorf shot at the stage a couple times! Get your head out of the sand. They aren't baby talk wholesome characters.

Edit: around 17 days left. I wonder what it's go9ing to look like. Maybe some MWoO pictures! Hopefully this count down thing is a taste of what the actual site will be like.

bigbirdfan

Reaction score
be shure to wake me up when the new new muppet site comes up :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Bill

Reaction score
As nice as that site seems, it looks to be that all the sounds are taken directly off of the Muppet CD-ROM, something that was made quite a few years ago...

I suppose the sounds had to have come from somewhere, but I was hoping for new recordings I guess.