The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I do NOT think the 22 days is the actual countdown.

First, I don't think they would jump the countdown 22 dyas and not give us a reason, or post one. That is verry unperfessional, and being they had 37+ days since they first launched the counddown they should have had a plan to meet that (or they should not have put the countdown up)

Second MuppetsHolding, who works for the Muppet Holding Company and works on the site said the site is going up on tommorrow.
Third, The new countdown (saying 22 days) also has a new counter malfunction message under the numbers. That was not there before making me think it could be an error The counter got close to zero (or to zero) causing it to malfunction.

Fourth, They may have changed it so if the counter does hit zero a few hours before they have the whole site up, we won't riot or the site won't blow up. Or they may have added the malfunction message as a little joke to explain the big jump in time, which is just a gag to keep us in suspence untill the launch.

I truly think the site will come in the next 24 hours. I do NOT think we will have to wait untill November 16 to see the site. I am pretty sure it is close to launch.

We will have to wait and see, I would be dissapointed in The MHC if the countdown does jump 22 days with no explination. I really hope we get the site soon.
Yesterday, my friend Dean called me and said they were going to open the site. I didn't know they would have another countdown?

Plus Yesterday was my day off. Today I go back to work.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
YEAH DARN IT!!! I got up early this morning (i've been up the last 20mins) got on the net typed in Muppets.com and I seen the SAME darn counter sayin 22days! :confused: i did get to see :halo: tho hehe.... mannnnn i REALLY hope your right that it will open today (before i go to work at 3pm) :sympathy: I am a lil mad but NOT that mad lol

By the way Muppet Holding, how did u get a job with Disney with thte Mupets? do u really work for em?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Muppets Holding said:
Plus Yesterday was my day off. Today I go back to work.
Well, let us know what's up. If it's not up tonight it would be nice to know why. I'm sure it will be awesome and worth the wait. We just want to know how long that wait will be. Thanks!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea

Here is somthing for ya to do i want to know who is in charge of all this un organized mess. THIS IS STUPID AND LIEING TO US IS NOT REALL NICE!!!!!1

I have no ideah who is running this show but really would. Havent us Devoted Muppet fans been through enough.

I want to see a list of people at this "Muppets Holding" and see who works with the muppets. I really hope its not someone who dont know anything about The Muppets their Past their creator, and most inprotaintly there Fans.
If this compony os going to be lieing and stuff then honestly ya need to get some new mangment. The Jim Henson Compony was very friendly and somewhat open about what was going on with the muppets. I sure hope that somone from that compony works with Muppet Holding.

Please somone let me know who is in charge down there i need some answer people im very very upset we havent even got a simple explanation or an apology. Come on people they have to know that we where paitenly waiting for this site and when the final moment arvies they mees it up so please somone give me some kind of answer thats all i want.

King Jim

Reaction score
I think that clock is off. Because today it started a new day at 12:00 P.M. today.

Mabe Dr. Bunsen Honeydew fixed that clock. So the clock might be wrong.

Whatever

Reaction score
It's just a stupid website. At least we have MC!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Here is somthing for ya to do i want to know who is in charge of all this un organized mess. THIS IS STUPID AND LIEING TO US IS NOT REALL NICE!!!!!1

I have no ideah who is running this show but really would. Havent us Devoted Muppet fans been through enough.

I want to see a list of people at this "Muppets Holding" and see who works with the muppets. I really hope its not someone who dont know anything about The Muppets their Past their creator, and most inprotaintly there Fans.
If this compony os going to be lieing and stuff then honestly ya need to get some new mangment. The Jim Henson Compony was very friendly and somewhat open about what was going on with the muppets. I sure hope that somone from that compony works with Muppet Holding.

Please somone let me know who is in charge down there i need some answer people im very very upset we havent even got a simple explanation or an apology. Come on people they have to know that we where paitenly waiting for this site and when the final moment arvies they mees it up so please somone give me some kind of answer thats all i want.
Many of the people at the Muppet Holding Co. worked with the Muppets when they were at The Jim Henson Company. Alot of the upper management and decision makers followed the character to their new home.

I too do not like the secrecy and misinformation (lies). I have nothing against waiting another month (or even longer) for the website, but I would like a clear answer from them on what is going on.

bobhopesite said:
I think that clock is off. Because today it started a new day at 12:00 P.M. today.
That does not mean it is off, the day catagory means 24-hour periods left until the countdown hits zero. If the day switched at noon it means the counther will hit zero at noon. It does not mean calendar days left, it means 24-hour periods. I really hope we don't have to wait 22 days with no explination on why they were off in the first place.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I have sent the following to several people at the Muppet Holding Co. and will post it here too:

This is an open letter to anyone at the Muppet Holding Company, or with any knowledge in the activites of The Muppet Holding Company in respects to their website.

Since early this summer Muppet fans have been excited to see what The Muppet Holding Company had in store for the Muppet fans. A website was launched telling the fans to stay tuned to see a new website in "fall 2004". In September 2004 (the begining of Fall) fans began to wonder when they could expect to see the new website. Their questions were answered when the website changed from the generic message to a countdown to the website's launch. Fans rejoiced as they not only know the site was coming, but had a good idea when it would be here.

Originally the site countdown to the new Muppets.com said the site would be up on:
October 26, 2004 at 05:55:54 AM Greenwich Mean time (GMT)

Strangly on the night of October 25, 2004 (only a few hours before the site should have launched) the counter jumped back to show a new release date for the site. The new counter says the site will launch on:

November 16, 2004 at 12:56:41 PM Greenwich Mean time (GMT)

Now, almost 24-hours after the orignal countdown said the site should have been up on the web and ready for visitors to explore and enjoy the countdown remains counting down the middle of November.

Now, I am not upset that the site was delayed in launch. I've waited since before July to see the new Muppet's site and I can easily wait another 22 days. I would however like to know one thing why The Muppet Holding Company changed the release date for the site. The knew for 37+ days when they were planning to launch the site; why only hours before the site was going to launch did they change their mind? Is there a reason for this? Was the site just not ready, are they waiting to make more of an event out of the launch, or have they decided to add more to it before launch? Why was it pushed back? And why was it pushed back so far? Why did they create a countdown that was to the second when they did not plan to live up to it? I am not upset, I am just confused. I would like to know why The Muppet Holding Company would make a promise to the fan community and then break it? Please answer. Thank you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Very good letter thats what i was saying all along i really think Jim Henson is probly rolling over in his grave over this one. We fans have been through so much that its a wonder we have not just gave up. im almost ready to give up if they dont give us a good answer.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
i really think Jim Henson is probly rolling over in his grave over this one.
First that would be impossible because Jim was cremated, second I don't think if Jim was still involved with the Muppets today it would be any dfifferent. Jim did not control every little thing the company did, thinks like a website could have still fallen behind and we could still be in the same quagmire we are here. Jim wanted the Muppets to be with Disney (but he died before he could sign the deals), they are doing the best they can; they are not doing this on purpose. Also the JHC website was not much better in terms of reliablity and current updates while the Muppets were with them.

It is just a website, I think everyone (me encluded) needs to calm down, take a deep breath, and just sit back and wait. There is not much we can do but get angrier and more confused. I really hope we gets more light on the situation soon.