1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" debut at Number 1 in DVD sales

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Mar 28, 2012.

1. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

Hello,

Great news!

2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Awesome to see the rest of the world finally giving the Muppets the recognition they deserve!

:D
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Groovy! :D
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I had a feeling it would. There's a local chain that sells DVD's, and it was #1 in their top 20. But I wonder if that was just sales in their stores. So worldwide, it's got over $100 mil, and the DVD/Blu-Ray sales are healthy. Too bad it doesn't say exactly how many units that The Muppets sold, and it doesn't also include rentals. But I had a feeling it would hit big on home video.
  5. Borples

Borples Active Member

It's not a surprise, but it sure is great news. You know what this means, don't you? This is the part where we start to reel in all the little kids and turn them into raving Muppet fans. Bwahahaha. :crazy:
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

MWA-HA-HA HA-HA!

...was that out loud? :oops:
    jvcarroll and Borples like this.
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

now with this news they may release the Muppet Show season 4-5!
    ploobis likes this.
  8. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

The Best Buy where I work...cannot keep lunchboxes...they had to order more and they even went above the normal order and ordered 25 for my store! That is 20 more than they originally got!!
    Muppet fan 123 and Borples like this.
  9. catherine

catherine Active Member

awesome news, way to go muppets.
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeet.
  11. catherine

catherine Active Member

I want more of the muppets
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

theirs money to be made in them Muppets!
  14. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

This is all good news...not unexpected though...a family friendlyDVD with familiar characters and no CGI.... Its a win all around.
  15. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

this is a really good sign because it shows how much people loved this movie. and very good point about this being the way we start reeling in the kids

i think that will happen for sure, and i think the next movie will be much bigger because of it. the people who loved this movie are going to show it to everyone who didn't get a chance to see it, and especially to little kids so they can get into the muppets. and that'll be the key to the next one's success

this always happens with sleeper movies, ones that maybe weren't gigantic hits in theaters but had really passionate fans (like anchorman, fight club, or the first austin powers). the fans jump all over them when they come out and show it to everyone, and the movie becomes bigger on dvd. not that the muppets wasn't a hit (it was) but i think the reason it didn't get to 100 million was precisely because little kids didn't respond to it because they didn't already know the muppets themselves

but now they're going to get it force-fed to them on dvd and then probably the old movies and stuff, so that they're all ready for it when the sequel comes out
    Borples likes this.
  16. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Holy maracas, I hope so!!!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

THAT such great news!!! So happy to hear but I can definitely believe it! People where I live have been going crazy since it came out. It's obvious at the empty store shelves. LOL!
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That could've had alot to do with it but it was also released the same time "Twilight" was released so that's probably another reason why. It was always at no 2 at the box office after Twilight.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There's always a group that waits until the DVD to come out because it's just cheaper (and lazier) that way. They just don't appreciate the feel of going out to see the theaters and get an audience reaction. But that does work to the advantage of a sequel. They'll wind up regretting having to wait that long next time.

Still, I wonder how much they're going to make in rentals when this thing hits RedBox and Netflix. That may be an even greater indication of how the movie does.
  20. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeees!!! Now this is the kinda news I like ta hear!!!