The Muppets head for Oz

What do you think of the Muppet Wizard of Oz script?

• I like that it will be based on the book

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • I wish it was based on the movie

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I wish they would do something original

Votes: 54 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would rather see a Muppet movie about Muppets, something original; but, I'm glad that it's being based on the book rather than the movie!! When I was in the play, we changed the beginning and ending of the play to match the book as well as the 39 MGM Film.

Well, we're off to see the Wizard!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well something nice for a change. Now I'll love it. Can't wait for it to hit TV! I've never read the book but I have seen alot of other pics in the book and it does seem alot differnt then what I had seemed. Isn't all together that is the Wizard of Oz and Return to Oz? Aren't they all the same book just two differnt movies?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No, in the original Oz series, there were several books by Baum about the Land of Oz (which was the title of the 3rd book, I believe; second book was Ozma of Oz {which combined with Land of Oz created the movie Return to Oz}). After Baum passed away, the publisher hired Ruth Plumley Thompson to continue the series: today, there are altogether 40 "official" Oz books.

You can click here for another thread to be dedicated to the Non-Muppet Oz Works: Wizard of Oz (Baum, Movie, Books)

Ryan

Reaction score
jediX said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Sigh......... :smirk: :frown:
Ditto..they have the opportunity to do something original...and they should. :sympathy:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Woo hoo! I can't wait! :big_grin: I'm so glad it's officially confirmed! :smile: Hopefully it'll be REALLY good! :halo:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I am happy for the new Muppet TV film but I wish, it was more Muppet in nature and not based on a famaliar story. Oh well, "Muppet Christmas Carol" and Muppet Treasure Island" were good, so I guess this would be good as well. Hopefully Bean Bunny will have a big number in this pic, Maybe he could be the mayor of muccin (spelling so) Land.

Randlev

Reaction score
Any word on if it will be a musical or not? Or has Disney stopped making muppet musicals just like they've stopped animating them?

Daylight

Reaction score
All in all, I'd prefer something original, but it's good to get anything.

Is the book really different from the movie? I think it's good that it's going to be based on the book rather than the movie so it'll be something a bit different, but I'm not sure how they're going to completely avoid doing it like the movie considering how ingrained that movie is into our culture. I can just imagine all these people watching the new Muppet movie expecting it to be like the Wizard of Oz movie and being completely confused and disapointed when it's not.

It'll be great to have another Muppet movie, but I'm so worried that it's going to end up being really bad. :frown:

dmx10101

Reaction score
It said it'll maybe have one human??!! It's not the Muppets without several humans interacting with the muppets. Oh well at least we'll have a new movie.