The Muppets in Wreck-It Ralph sequel?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So, I saw the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, and I couldn't help but notice in the "Oh My Disney" scene, there's an area dedicated to The Muppet Show. Just look at the 1:26 mark:
Even if they're in CGI, I hope this means the Muppets will make at least a small cameo in this movie.

Last edited:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So, I saw the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Beeaks the Internet, and I couldn't help but notice in the "Oh My Disney" scene, there's an area dedicated to The Muppet Show. Just look at the 1:26 mark:
Even if they're in CGI, I hope this means the Muppets will make at least a small cameo in this movie.
Wow, that's awesome!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw this earlier! It's great whenever Disney gives a nod to the Muppets. Apparently a giant Beaker head also makes a cameo.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
*bump*

I just saw the movie today, and I really enjoyed it!

Unfortunately, though, there were no Muppets aside from the Kermit and Beaker heads. :frown:

MWoO

Reaction score
Of course there are no Muppets in the movie. Why would Disney try to push forward a franchise in desperate need of exposure? Why would Disney do anything at all with the Muppets?

Disney needs to do with the Muppets what they did with Power Rangers. Just let them go to a company that actually wants them. They simply do not fit the Disney brand and will never bring in the billions of dollars required for Disney to care about them. At this point I'd rather see them be sold to anyone other than Disney. Heck, let Amazon or Google buy them and start a show on Amazon Prime or YouTube.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Just as well. I've always found "Tea Lizard" to be a bit out-of-character anyway.
("Tea Lizard" seems to have an attitude of "not my monkeys, not my circus." Kermit, on the other hand, while not a tight controller, feels that at the end of the day they are his monkeys and his circus.)

DMHFan

Reaction score
Of course there are no Muppets in the movie. Why would Disney try to push forward a franchise in desperate need of exposure? Why would Disney do anything at all with the Muppets?

Disney needs to do with the Muppets what they did with Power Rangers. Just let them go to a company that actually wants them. They simply do not fit the Disney brand and will never bring in the billions of dollars required for Disney to care about them. At this point I'd rather see them be sold to anyone other than Disney. Heck, let Amazon or Google buy them and start a show on Amazon Prime or YouTube.
I kinda disagree. The Muppets should be with Star Wars and Marvel at Disney, no matter what.

C to the J

Reaction score
Maybe the world in which Wreck-It Ralph and Ralph Breaks the Internet take place is where The Muppet Show has more respect than it does in the real world.

If there’s something Disney should give away to another company, it should be Wander Over Yonder. It’s already becoming abundantly clear that the executives have no intention whatsoever to let DTVA resolve that cliffhanger. Craig McCracken is currently with Netflix working on Kid Cosmic (coming in 2020), so I wonder if Netflix could buy the rights to WOY so Craig can close it out right as soon as he’s done with KC. Either that or Disney executives will have a change of heart and invite him back to close out WOY on Disney+ after he’s done with KC.

MWoO

Reaction score
I kinda disagree. The Muppets should be with Star Wars and Marvel at Disney, no matter what.
Why should they be with Disney no matter what? You'd rather the Muppets be with Disney and do nothing than, say, be sold to Dreamworks and start making content again?

Disney owning the Muppets feels nice. The idea that they will have financial support and longevity is great. But that is not what is happening. Disney tried relaunching the brand a few times, but they just cant do it. Instead of holding on to them, Disney needs to let them go to a company that can focus on them and walk the like between family friendly and irreverent humor, or start doing it themselves.