The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

zoebell

Reaction score
by the way, it's daily average went up again yesterday. it seems the daily average of every movie is going up again, probably because of christmas break and all. these last few weeks of the year tend to be very lucrative for box office. arthur christmas and hugo for example are really gaining as well. so, there's every chance that it WILL make it past 80 million now, imo. if it were to somehow finish at 90 million + domestically, that is a very successful relaunch, in all honesty. esp considering the budget

goldenstate5

Reaction score
by the way, it's daily average went up again yesterday. it seems the daily average of every movie is going up again, probably because of christmas break and all. these last few weeks of the year tend to be very lucrative for box office. arthur christmas and hugo for example are really gaining as well. so, there's every chance that it WILL make it past 80 million now, imo. if it were to somehow finish at 90 million + domestically, that is a very successful relaunch, in all honesty. esp considering the budget
Theater counts will drop today... so it will easily plummet.

zoebell

Reaction score
it's average went up huge again yesterday

Drtooth

Reaction score
It made basically what it made over the weekend over the course of this week. Not bad considering. And they're still airing ads for it, though not as many as they should. it could very well reach 80 mil by the end of the year at that... or at the very least 75 mil. Modest... not quite summer money, but still good enough.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm hoping it closes passed 90 million (I think it can). I think the movie did well (and wait until the foreign returns come in. It seems like there is so much doom and gloom but I think its been great having the Muppets back (at least where everyone can see them)

Drtooth

Reaction score
80 million domestically, or 80 million internationally? It's in a few more international markets and has been since the 8th.

zoebell

Reaction score
how much do you think it will take in internationally?

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Internationally is a wild card, I won't even begin to guess it. It could explode or just do modestly.

Disney will probably let the film domestically run until it limps its way to 80 million, just so they can point to that number.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Wow... The Muppets had a rough Christmas. The movie fell down to #13 in the rankings (its first individual day out of the top 10), dropping 23.2% from the previous day to $466,000. Meanwhile, pretty much every other movie in theatres saw an increase in sales from the previous day. What the heck happened? The theatre count did drop by 216 from Christmas Eve, but similar or bigger drops in the past haven't hurt the movie THAT much.