1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets LEGO...Again!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by FunnyBear, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Which character sets should I include? (MULTIPLE SELECTION)

1. The Swinetrek (inside, as seen on The Muppet Show) with Piggy, Hogthrob and Strangepork

41.9%
  2. Vet's Hospital with Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy and Janice

19.4%
  3. Muppet Show Arches with Sweetums, Timmy Monster, Thog and two Mutations

32.3%
  4. Backstage with Kermit, Miss Piggy (in dress), Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, and Chickens

61.3%
  5. Swedish Kitchen with Swedish Chef

32.3%
  6. Statler and Waldorf in the balcony

35.5%
  7. Constantine, Dominic Badguy, Nadya

29.0%
  8. Muppet Labs with Dr. Honeydew, and Beaker

29.0%
  9. The Swamp with Kermit and Robin

19.4%
  10. Electric Mayhem with Animal, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot and Lips

54.8%
  11. Orchestra with Rowlf, Zoot, and Animal

29.0%
  12. Other (please specify below)

3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I'm building LEGO Muppets, yes like before. But, using LEGO CUUSOO (https://ideas.lego.com/) guidelines the originals had to be taken down. Now, I have plans to re make those figures with a Muppet Studio set. It will have a stage with interchangable sets (ex. Muppet Labs, The Arches, Swinetrek) and Backstage. Now, where does the backstage go? I put it behind the stage. It appears though that Backstage is actually next to the stage, but oh well. Now I'm not quire finished yet, but any recommendations would be nice. If anyone also has a way to contact the guy who originally created the idea, please let me know.

2. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

3. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

I'd love large sized Muppets, like a large Kermit, sort of like Mixels, but in Muppet form, with the joints. Because a Kermit with mini-figure head with his face on it is not too fitting.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

MURP!!!!

(had to);)

But you got to love how Disney licensed The Lone Ranger out to Lego, but refuses to make a Muppet set. Are they afraid it would only yield Duplos?

FunnyBear and galagr like this.
  5. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

I wouldn't like it in duplo, unless they do regular AND duplo.

6. Drtooth

That's my thoughts exactly. Though a Muppet Babies Duplo set would be awesome...

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  7. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

It would definitely make sense.

8. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Sadly, I don't know how to make custom LEGO Duplo. I'll try to make that though. That's be good for another entry.

9. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

I wouldn't do the heads n' stuff yourself. You can tell lego to do it. Well once you reach 100,000 votes.

10. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I have to at least make a example. I'm waiting on some stuff, so I can't start just yet

11. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I'm so glad someone is having another go at doing Muppet Lego. I think you're idea of a Muppet Studios theatre like set, is a great idea. It would be the perfect way to get a variety of Muppet characters as minifigures.

FunnyBear likes this.
  12. Drtooth

Just adding to the conversation. The best I could think of doing is taking an old large Muppet Babies PVC and shoving a square Duplo block at the bottom. That's essentially what Licensed Duplo figures are now. Just large PVC's that attach to them.

13. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Weird, I'll probably include a picture (Sticker) as part of a decoration.

14. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

I would so Hope that lego would pick this idea should it actually happen, I've been extremely underwhelmed by all the other cuusoo sets so far bar the Delorean, btw just out of curiosity what prices would you set for all of the above listings?

15. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Everything is one big set. It looks like the Muppet Studio would be a big and $$$ set. I hope to start making Kermit soon.

16. Eyeball

Cool, what material are you going to use for sculpting Kermit's head?

17. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

A blank LEGO head. I can't make/use any custom parts. I do have a few cheats for ears. (I'm gonna use the cape material.

18. Eyeball

Ah well good luck, hopefully it turns out great.

FunnyBear likes this.
  19. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Yeah, I'll be posting concept pics tommorow.

20. Eyeball

Great, I look forward to seeing em.