1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

As we get closer to the movie coming out, tons of reviews are sure to start pouring in. I think this thread should suffice to collect all of them in one place.

I'd love to kick it off with my own review of the movie for The Muppet Mindset. I had the extreme good fortune of seeing The Muppets last night... and it was magnificent. Here's my full review:

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/11/muppets-movie-review.html
  2. matleo Active Member

Prawny, you beat me to the punch! I had just read your article and thought 'we should start a thread for reviews'. Very nice write up , my friend. I eagerly await this film and the many reviews that follow.
  3. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Great article!
    You went to the premiere last night? How'd you get in? D23?
  4. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i have one question was pepes role still how it was in the film and did u see credits and the manama na celebrity thing?
  5. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I was extremely fortunate to get an invitation to the cast and crew screening. It wasn't the premiere, but it was before the premiere. It was all thanks to connections I have and Muppet people being the nicest people anywhere.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. bluebomber95 Member

I heard you met Peter Linz, who I've met on quite a few occasions because he lives in my town. He's such a nice guy, isn't he? He was really the perfect choice for Walter. I always get nervous to speak to him though because he's often with his family or talking to someone else, and I usually end up saying dumb stuff to people I really admire.
  7. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

did u meet all the puppeteers? and the cast from the movie?
  8. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Sorry, no spoilers from the movie from me. You need to see it for yourself and be surprised by the greatness. I did meet Peter Linz, who is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He's a daily reader of The Muppet Mindset and was kind enough to not only sign something for me (as Walter!!) but talk to me for quite awhile before and after the screening. The only other Muppeteer there was Bill Barretta (Eric Jacobson and Matt Vogel were still in Nashville after Piggy was on the CMA's, Dave Goelz was visiting family, Steve Whitmire was at the Latin Grammys with Kermit) and we'd already met but he's so amazing and funny that it was like meeting him for the first time again. Director James Bobin was also there and an amazing person to talk to. He was so proud of the movie and so thrilled to hear I liked it. He reads the Mindset too. It's humbling... it really, really is.
  9. bluebomber95 Member

I just feel so happy for YOU! You're so young and you've already had so many great experiences, and things are only going to get better from here! (Not that I should really be calling you young... I'm only 16... but... um... you know what I mean)
  10. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Terrific review, and I'm so happy for you! And excited for the rest of us!
  11. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Right now, I have the weirdest mix of feeling happy for you and feeling jealous of you, but mostly I'm feeling like I want to camp out in front of the nearest multiplex until the movie opens. :crazy:
    Muppet fan 123 and Bannanasketch like this.
  12. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Ryan, you lucky swine!!!!!
  13. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I can't say enough how happy I am for you Prawnie, but also how proud I am of you! I am so glad you had this experience and I know that only more good things are ahead for you - but also for all us fans too! :)
    theprawncracker likes this.
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Don't know if these would count as "spoiler questions", but I'd like to know...:
    • Did you notice anybody from The Jim Henson Hour or Muppets Tonight who we hadn't previously spotted in the previews?
    • In the recreation of The Muppet Show Theme, were there still empty archs, like in all the promos we've seen?
    • Did you catch the names and performers of all the Moopets?
  15. SaveTheMuppets New Member

I wish I could have met you last night, Prawny. Wanted to talk to someone first hand who is a huge muppet fan and saw the movie for the first time. Of course I can read the review (which I did!) but face time is always cool. Glad you came out.
  16. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

• No.
    • I don't remember.
    • Bill Barretta was Foozie... and unfortunately that's all I really remember. The only ones that spoke at all were Miss Poogy and Foozie, briefly.
  17. cahuenga Active Member

the very, very special piece from Jerry is something done by Jerry specially for the movie or something old like the Frank, Jim and Richards voices? also, was Clifford seen and kevin involved like he said?? thanks!!!!
  18. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

was rizzo in it at all like any lines or anything and how was the final number
  19. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Final.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Great/Terrific review Ryan, and I'm so happy for you and as a "neighbor" of "The Disney Digital Files" (TDDF) i may link your review on my site if u dont mind? I'll have em go to the Muppet Mindset and read it! ;)
    Mupp and Duke Remington like this.