"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Slackbot

Reaction score
BTW, could someone enlighten me on "The Moopets"? It's the first I've heard of it. Is it some sort of plot info on the movie that's been discovered? Like Doppleganger versions of The Muppets? 'Cause I assumed that that certain shot of Fozzie, Rowlf, Janice and someone else in the trailer was just them in disguise. I've seen that Fozzie puppet in a Behind the scenes pic months ago too. But again, I just assumed it would be him in disguise.
"The Moopets" is a Muppets tribute troupe in Reno that Fozzie has been performing with.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
"The Moopets" is a Muppets tribute troupe in Reno that Fozzie has been performing with.
Ah right! :oops: I take it that perhaps some of his colleagues there happen to resemble his friends. I should probably stop trying to predict the movie now, as you can probably tell it's really not my forte by this point...

statler salad

Reaction score
Trailer actually got me emotionally choked up. I've been waiting 25+ years for a BIG BIG Muppet movie release, and I think this was going to be it....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well guys, I guess its time that I weigh in on the infamous 'Fozzie Fart' joke (something I thought I would NEVER have to say in my life). We don't know where it is in the film, obviously, but in the trailer it is neatly sandwiched between Kermit saying about not using cheap tricks/jokes...and immediately they use a cheap joke/trick and the one distracts from the other (Fozzie with legs distracts from the Fart line, and the Fart line distracts from Fozzie with legs)...and is followed by someone admitting that with jokes and tricks like that "This will be a short movie..."

Thus in one moment, the Muppets acknowledge that all kids movies these days have fart-jokes, they nod at the audience that they have indeed included one, and they move on.

Also...considering the company that Fozzie has been keeping of late (See: Moopets), its lucky he's not lost his humour completly!

A note about the Moopets (and how they have been rumored to be playing a villain role) -- Could it be that their actions are responsible for 'The Muppets' ending up in jail as seen in a previous trailer?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i just noticed something that makes me love this trailer more when gonzos throwing the cannon ball i noticed the cannon it goes past looks like it was molded after the palisades series 2 gonzo figure thats awesome

Beauregard

Reaction score
I enjoy this quote from Jack Black, which suggests that the film may have some colder, more serious notes "I have to give my man Jason Segel credit, there's some dark chocolate in there too." I can believe that from this trailer too...

Someone noticed that the gates have "K" and "P" on them and are suggesting it may have been a mansion once inhabited by both Kermit AND Piggy. Interesting, interesting. Could that MTM marriage have been in fact real?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does that big group shot in the scene where Kermit says he believes in everyone look like portions of the crowd aren't physically there? I'd like to think that all puppets in that scene actually were there live on set, but when I pause or look at a still it almost looks like some were added in.

I wonder if that will be the biggest group shot in the movie, or if there'll be a bigger group shot. The group shot here is impressive, though. I wonder if there's any additional characters in that scene who just appear off-camera in the clips shown. I noticed when we see Kermit's face there we see the back of Sam and Wanda's heads, but I don't know if they're just standing in the spot that Kermit's body blocks in the wide shot, or if they're past the left of the screen.

This group scene and Miss Piggy's "we need you" scene are both scenes I initially assumed were flashbacks, before I noticed Walter in them. Watching them in trailers, they seem a bit similar (I could see the Muppets splitting up after Kermit decides he believes in them and that they don't need his leadership).

In that group shot (and the arches shot) I noticed a few characters I don't recall seeing before (I wonder if they were in any "At the Dance" sketches or musical numbers I haven't seen, but I figure they're just whatnots with random designs chosen). In particular, I noticed a character a few feet/inches away from one of the Mutations, who sort of looks like a Mutation, but is obviously smaller and skinnier than the one that's so close to him (though I did notice only two Mutations are in that shot... Hopefully they cared enough to rebuild three).

I noticed in that one shot of Kermit playing banjo, as the screen widens and we see more characters, that we can catch a glimpse of Sweetums and a Mutation's hands at the very right and left end of the screen.