"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

SSLFan

Reaction score
i dont see the issue with the 80's number personally i like it...i did the same thing a fellow member did and when out and downloaded the song...been rocking out to it picturing muppets
Lol funny, I'd never heard that song until now and I've been doing the same. I thought it was a nice fit in the trailer.

beaker

Reaction score
I get the fart joke...its making fun of how every modern lame kid's movie is peppered with that garbage. I just REALLY dislike the electrocution fence thing, hate the trailer announcer voice, dislike the "it will have ----" title cards, and for some reason the hammed up segal stuff isnt working for me.

Btw, Disney STILL considers Pepe one of the main core characters, as seen in their new muppets.com site: http://disney.go.com/muppets/portfolio/chars.html
At least theres Pepe and Rizzo in a cameo there, with Big Mean Carl

Drtooth

Reaction score
i dont see the issue with the 80's number personally i like it...i did the same thing a fellow member did and when out and downloaded the song...been rocking out to it picturing muppets
Oh, I have no issues with it. It's very obvious that Jason's an 80's kid, and there are clearly some 80's references in the movie. General stylistic references (the robot, the number)... I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Star Wars reference somewhere in the film (Jason LOVES Star Wars, from what I've heard).

Just... that seems that segment of the movie would be funnier in context. Seems like a surprise joke that the trailer gives away.

I get the fart joke...its making fun of how every modern lame kid's movie is peppered with that garbage. I just REALLY dislike the electrocution fence thing, hate the trailer announcer voice, dislike the "it will have ----" title cards, and for some reason the hammed up segal stuff isnt working for me.
I should've walked out of Chipmunks 2 and snuck into Princess and the Frog when I saw the Dutch Oven "joke"... :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
Hey, don't mention sneaking into a movie...you might get the full brunt of moral rants against you:smile: I do have the Princess and the Frog dvd, just been waiting for the right time to watch it. After seeing the documentary "Dream On Silly Dreamer"(exposing how Disney destroyed their 2d department in the early 2000's) I all the more can't wait to soak in the gloriousness of the Princess and the Frog look.

Say, that 80's throwback robot seems like a main character...wonder why we haven't heard about him yet. I kind of WISH they had made more than just one movie exclusive character, besides Walter(err and that female pig character)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey this is kind of off topic but has anyone else downloaded the Muppets Screen Saver? I know how a lot of fans hate poser pictures but some of these I have not seen, and some are kind of classic, but still fun. I also like the Muppets logo at the top!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(Jason LOVES Star Wars, from what I've heard).
Hmmm, maybe Jason Segal should write and star in the next Star Wars movie.... :smile:

I noticed in that shot where Walter takes a bow, and we see a little of the orchestra, that in addition to Lips and Trumpet Girl, we see a few additional characters in the orchestra, who I don't recall seeing before. There have been quite a few instances (especially in season three of The Muppet Show) where some random one-shot whatnot musicians were in the orchestra (I think It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie also had some extra orchestra musicians, besides Eugene, though I can't remember what they look like, since there's no good wide shots of the orchestra there). But I noticed one of those whatnots appears to be holding a baton. Which would mean that while Trumpet Girl is making a comeback, Nigel won't be conducting (I doubt it'd be a plot point, but you never know). What a shame.

If Wayne and Wanda get any dialogue, I wonder who'll perform them. I suppose David Rudman would perform Wayne, but I don't think any performers were trained to take over Eren Ozker's characters (Janice doesn't count!). Though I think it would be a bit fitting if they were to get introduced, and then the act ended before they could even get a word out. Then again, there are quite a few Wayne and Wanda numbers where only Wayne (or only Wanda) gets to sing.

beaker

Reaction score
So quite a wide swath of TMS characters are represented(many of whom we all never thought would ever be rebuilt) Question is...will we see any...Jim Henson Hour characters? There's at least a few Muppets tonight guys spotted(Pepe, Bobo, Carl, etc)

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
again i think we are thinking too hard and over analyzing the " this could be" and "that is just a small bit"

i mean a few things i notice is that kermits line
"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just
need one person"

is actually 2 lines spliced as one..if you pay attention you can see the video edited

also bigs head slam is just looped 3 times..look at her hands and youll see it.

i know we are entiled to all are different veiws and i love that about this place,
but lets try not to over think it and just let it be a trailer other wise we could become bitter and hate the movie like some transformer fans

beaker

Reaction score
Well even Shia admits Transformers 2 was a terrible, terrible movie. And he's the star! :smile:
But I dont think anyones saying they doubt the film; just some of us are saying that while we the fans are already sold...this trailer may not be the best foot forward in trying to entice the every day public. This is a wayyyyyyy tougher sell than Toy Story 3, as Muppetdom is for a more niche audience.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry...maybe it cause around me i see people getting excited for this movie who arnt muppet fans...already calling it the best movie of 2011, even some of my own friends who say muppets are childish are asking me if im taking anyone to opening night with me

we look at it with jaded eyes cause we are Muppet fans and want it to succeed but i have a feeling it will do just fine

especially with a budget like that