"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's important that everyone see this picture:

I wonder who the human is suppposed to be (besides a celebrity cameo). A Moopets counterpart to Sweetums? Animal? Jim Henson (he does look a bit like Jim, though younger and mean)?

Why do I geet the feeling all Moopets will have an "oo" sound in their names? I predict the others (besides the human) will be named Koomit, Roowlf, and Joonice.

Maybe there'll be more Moopets (though the only ones we've seen in the trailer are the ones on this shirt), but it's interesting they made a Moopet doppleganger for Janice but not the other Electric Mayhem members (depending on who the human is supposed to represent).

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
.... Koomit, .......
Teehee Koomit

someone said it earlier but i cant find the quite,
but it was my issue with Muppets from Space...there where no Musical Numbers...something i always associate with Muppets since thats what i grew up with

Beauregard

Reaction score
I found the Janice choice weird...but maybe Tribute bands are by their very nature weird, and their choice of a (semi) small character...and such a weird combination of characters...may be part of the joke.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do wonder on the "We Built this City" thing - perhaps that is going to be a montage played during the credits like some movies do, such as Shrek. Just a thought.
I said this a hundred times already....

It's clearly a 1980's cleaning up montage parody. If you watch closely, they're cleaning up the theater as they sing it.

Sigh... I wish I could find that Family Guy clip on Youtube where the characters clean up the Drunken Clam...

C'mon. If there's an 80's robot, there has to be an 80's cleaning montage.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Also, note how Dr Teeth has a fancy old radio with him at the time. I don't have too much of a problem with them dancing to that tune, just think that if they decide to lipsynch they should have voices...OR should be over lipsynching, the way any of us might do if we were miming along to a song similarly.

Bea:zany:{Thinking about throwing Muffins so that we need a MC Cleaning Up Montage ourselves to get in the mood}regard

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why do I geet the feeling all Moopets will have an "oo" sound in their names? I predict the others (besides the human) will be named Koomit, Roowlf, and Joonice.
But then if that were the case, I wonder what a Zoot Moopet would be called. Zoooot? A name with a completely different name style?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
the robot kind of looks like number 5 on short circuit. Which is on netflix right now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
There's one in Cougar Town season 2, as well, but that's the characters purposefully referencing an 80's montage (similar to the FG one). There was obviously the famous Bobo 80's montage in Muppets Tonight as well....not fixing up though.

Boooo{ooo}regard

P.S. I love Number 5! I even prefer him in the sequel to that film.

ceelos

Reaction score
is that dave grohl in the moopets?
Loved the trailer and will be watching it with my daughter opening day. need to buy her seasons 1-3; we keep watching two vhs tapes over and over.