1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Barry Lee, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

:news: The Collider just released a photo of the Theater standee AND linked to Fandago which just released the poster. Okay seriously, yes, I can tell it's photoshopped, BUT, who would've expected Thog, Green Frackle, or this amount of Muppet's in this poster? I love this poster, there seems to also be more prominent signs of Pepe both in the poster AND standee, which is really interesting, I wonder now how much of a role he will play.

http://collider.com/the-muppets-poster-standee/105859/

[​IMG]

My eyes, are just in shock. So. Many. Muppets.
    beakerboy12 and newsmanfan like this.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

wow that poster pretty great...really hope it comes to the theaters
  3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Fandago, released the poster, so this will be the one that people will be seeing in theaters.
  4. Frogpuppeteer

looks like im calling my buddy and pulling in another favor to own that standee
  5. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

It still has that Photoshop-y element to it, but somehow I don't care. I think it's just too Muppet-y not to like it.

And, ooh! Pepe!
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Still a lot of Photoshop in this one, a LOT of it quite obvious... but I like this one almost as much as the first one. The composition is still cluttered, but it looks like the clutter serves more of a purpose.

Still, I'd rather Jason and Amy actually interact with more of the characters than standing in front of them.
  7. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It's for sure shopped, but I think the clutter is for a purpose, as you can see some of the Muppets been stepped on and crashing to the floor representing the poster is being overcrowded, even Jason is trying to contain all the Muppets behind him. :eek:
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I enjoy looking at both of theese. There are so many fun things to find in the standee, and the posted has a "Muppety chaos" vibe rather than "jumbled toy box." I imagine that instead of saying "cheese," they're singing "The lovers, the dreamers, and yooooou." Because of the way the shadows are handled, particularly behind Segal, it looks like they're lying on top of a squirming pile of Muppets rather than standing in front of them.

I want to see a higher-resolution version so I can look for all those barely visible characters. Is that Beheoth between Segal and Adams? What's that above Sam's head? And so on.
  9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I kinda like it...seriously! Whilst the execution is poorly done (as I've previously cribbed about...ALOT), it does make me smile. I just wish it was better executed...I mean check out Animals broken arm for starters! It gets an enthusiatic "D+" from me, now bring on the movie! ! :)
  10. Reevz1977

Hmmm, not so sure about the standee though :oops: - interesting concept but...

It really looks like a BADLY comped bunch of stock images :(
  11. Frogpuppeteer

mini source tells me theaters have a new trailer waiting to debut
  12. Reevz1977

Woo hoo, can't wait! ! ! ! I cannot tell you how many times I've watched the others!

One other thing I find strange (chances are I'm being an idiot!), but is this the first time the stars have gotten top billing over the Muppets?
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I wonder what it's set to debut in front of... Smurfs is the only thing that comes out this weekend that I could see holding a Muppet trailer. Cowboys and Aliens? Doubtful. I guess we'll see!
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I'm thinking the Smurfs, because that'd be a wise decision, unless it turns into a flop...
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I see a LOT of amazon Muppet movies and TV show listings like that. I swear the Follow that Bird DVD had Sally Kellerman as top billing in the listing. Like you can name 5 people who remember who Sally Kellerman is. There was another, but I forget.

Seems like movies are pretty much marketed like that anyway. The biggest name stars get top billing, even if they're barely in the film. And somehow cartoon characters/puppets don't count.

New trailer sounds good. Hopefully with a LOT more polish than the first official not parody one (the lack of polish and possible use of test footage was my complaint). And a lot less confusing Moopets bits.
  16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Great poster (even though it still looks photoshopped). And the standee is simply epic. Check out the details like the various Muppet photos around the room, the Muppet cupcakes (including a Snowth one), Muppet magazines, Scooter trying to control Animal (who looks like he's after Amy Adams), and Crazy Harry eyeing Floyd's ELECTRIC guitar. And I'm glad to see that Pepe and Rizzo will evidentally have something to do in the movie (unless adding them into these posters was just done to draw more attention from casual fans, which I doubt). Even the 80s robot and Miss Poogy got to be in the poster.

Also, is it just me or is Rizzo in the standee twice? That's clearly him talking to the Swedish Chef on the steps, but I can also spot a rat up on the outside balcony that looks like Rizzo (in a suit and tie).

[​IMG]
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

18. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Teehee! :laugh: Link's looking quite distinguished in a trench coat. :flirt:

This is going to be great. I really love both the poster, and standee. I'm psyched! <3
    Duke Remington likes this.
  19. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I have to say, I'm diggin' this new poster. Much better than the previous one.

I'm even more excited for this movie now!:)
    Duke Remington likes this.
  20. zns

zns Active Member

They are both great looking. Obviously Disney and Jason Segal are trying to pull out all of the stops to make this a great movie, along with bringing the Muppets back into the spotlight.