1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets": One Year Later

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MissMusical12, Nov 23, 2012.

1. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody made a thread for this yet. But just to let you guys know, today has officially been 1 year since "The Muppets" has been released in theaters! (November 23rd) :)
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes this will be an interesting discussion. How do you think the film holds up one year later. Do you appreciate it more as it begins to age? Let us know.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I personally can't believe it's already been a year. Feels like I just saw it in theaters. I'm serious where does time go? Maybe I will watch it tonight in honor of The Muppets one year anniversary! :)

But hey at least we have a new movie to look forward to next year as well! :)
  4. MissMusical12

I know. Time really flies. And yes I'm really excited for the new movie as well! :halo:
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Okay! You talk to me into it, guys. I promise to see The Muppets tonight. I will tell you that I saw this with my parents last year. Oh boy, I knew it was going to be 1 year anniversary of this movie.
  6. MissMusical12

Let me tell you all my story: I went to go see The Muppets 2 days after it was released with my mom and little sister. We went to one movie theater (The one where my family and I saw "Toy Story 3") and got there early. So we figured we'd come back in a little while. We come back and there's this giant line of little kids and their parents. So we wait in the line for maybe 15 or 20 minutes or so. We get to the front of the line.......and there were NO tickets left for the movie.

I was just really disappointed 'cause I was dying to see the movie. My mom suggests we could see either "Happy Feet 2" or "Puss In Boots" and I tell her "No. We are seeing The Muppets. I'm not missing out on this for my life." So then my little sister says that we should see if the movie was playing at the other movie theater we usually go to (I've seen a few other movies there, including "The Three Stooges" and "The Ant Bully"). There was a 3:00 showing for The Muppets there and we hurried down to the other theater.

Luckily, we got there early and got our tickets ahead of time. When it came close to going into the theater, we still saw a bunch of people anxious to see the movie (little kids and all). The theater was packed (Luckily we got a pretty decent seat.) and I think I even saw little kids running up and down the aisle while the movie was playing.

The highlight of the movie was definitely when "Rainbow Connection" came on. Me and my mom were close to crying and I think I saw a few adults with tears in their eyes as well. When the song finished, everyone in the theater was clapping! I swear, even the little kids got excited.

After the movie finished, we went to the nearby Carvel (Yes we have a Carvel ice cream shop there) and got ice cream. (Mint chip...yes!) I swear, that day was one of the best moments of my life......

And here we are, one year later. And look how far we've come. The movie won The Muppets their first Academy Award (for "Man or Muppet"). The movie is now out on DVD and Blu-Ray, and recently airing on Starz. And even a sequel is in the works that'll be out next year

In conclusion, in 2012, one year later; Life is still a happy song. Pictures are still in our head. Some of us are still deciding if we're either Men or Muppets. We still rock out to "We Built This City" on occasions. And mostly importantly, The Rainbow Connection still lives on in us all.....
  7. Pinkflower7783

I just remember the excitement I felt leading up to the release of it was like a child on Christmas morning. Particularly because this was the first Muppet movie I got to see on the big screen. I wasn't even born yet and only a year old when the first three came out.
  8. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I'm still wondering what happened to Jack Black after he got carried off in the end.
    Vincent Liu and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's also ten-years after the premiere of It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie...
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I was just about to post a thread about this...:)

Personally, I love the movie and love it to this day. Wow, it's been a whole year since I saw it at the premiere here in my city. I remember that and it was a lot of fun and probably one of the best nights I ever had.
    The movie had me smiling the whole way through. I remember getting a little emotional and very excited when they all came out and held hands to sing Rainbow Connection.

I think fans enjoyed this movie the most than anyone else, (there were a whole bunch of jokes for the fans) and the online community leading up to the movie's release was awesome. I can't wait to do that all over again with you guys when the even newer movie comes out. :)
  11. Pinkflower7783

Is it weird as many times as I've seen this movie I still cry at the same parts?
  12. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I just remember that excitement. Sitting in the theater at the midnight release with other fellow fans was just amazing. I can't wait to relive that excitement all over again when he next movie comes out.
  13. Pinkflower7783

I went when there wasn't many fans. I didn't want no bratty kids ruining my Muppet movie. :p
    miss kermie likes this.
  14. minor muppetz

15. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

How odd... I had no idea today was the one-year anniversary.

But for some intuitive reason, I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately, and Thanksgiving yesterday put me in a mood to see the Blu-Ray again.

So far since last night I have watched the movie 1.5 times, the commentary track in its entirety (love how Segel predicts Man or Muppet would win the Oscar), all of the bonus features, some of the Easter eggs, and even put the English Descriptive Services track on just to see what that was like. (Is it insensitive of them to describe Amy Adams as 'a redhead' to sightless people? I always try to avoid color descriptions myself.)

In fact, I just deactivated the intermission feature so I could freeze certain frames and study them, like comparing Mary's handwritten list of LA objectives to Gary's, or see who all I could make out on the Key Demographic Analysis of Top 100 Things in Popular Culture.

Alex
  16. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Well for me, it's been 9 months, not a year.

*sigh* Why does America get all the cool movies months before us? No fair.
    miss kermie and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  17. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

The occasion was quite memorable for me... It's what got me into Muppets after all.
  18. minor muppetz

There's one thing I've been thinking about, and I also saw this brought up on the toughpigs forum (after I thought about it), but although the Muppets seem to be bigger now because of the movie, most of the stuff that the Muppets have done since the movie has been promotion for the blu-ray release. The biggest Muppet appearances that weren't promotions for the movie or blu-ray release have been the Jim Henson's Musical World event and the Canadian "Just for Laughs" special, one of which won't be broadcast in America and another that won't get an official release at all.

While there seems to have been more Muppet merchandise in the last year than there'd been since Disney bought the characters, it still seems small, and a lot of it is stuff I haven't seen in person (not just the Disney Store/theme park exclusives). I've seen the books that came out when the movie did, but since then the only books I've seen in person are the Tales of a Sixth Grade Muppet sequels and many of the Marvel comic reprints. I have seen certain Muppet clothing items (especially Kermit and Animal hats), and some plush, beanies, and puppets at Toys R Us. The Muppet Christmas Carol was recently released on blu-ray, but aside from that there haven't been any new DVD or blu-ray releases of the Muppets past productions this year (hopefully the reliable source who said Disney wants to release the next season is more than correct, and hopefully we'll also get some non-movie/non-TMS DVD releases as well).

Hopefully the "All I Need is Love" music video will be great. I wasn't too impressed by the song, but that doesn't mean the music video will be unimpressive. I'm hoping it has lots and lots of characters.
    miss kermie and MissMusical12 like this.
  19. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Me too! I also loved Kermit's speech close to the end of the movie and that still got me a little teary eyed. The bloopers... oh my gosh I really laughed out loud, but the sad thing is I don't have a blu-ray player to use the blu-ray for this movie and have more features. Oh well, it was great to see it again. I might watch it again or more every day... maybe. Oh yeah, plus watch the thrid classic Muppet movie again as well.
  20. RC1979

RC1979 Member

A year later. Hard to belive that The Muppets came out a year ago. I didn't have the time to watch my dvd of it though. I had just bought a dvd for "A muppet christmas letters to santa" through a long time in a store on black friday.