"The Muppets": One Year Later

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody made a thread for this yet. But just to let you guys know, today has officially been 1 year since "The Muppets" has been released in theaters! (November 23rd) :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes this will be an interesting discussion. How do you think the film holds up one year later. Do you appreciate it more as it begins to age? Let us know.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally can't believe it's already been a year. Feels like I just saw it in theaters. I'm serious where does time go? Maybe I will watch it tonight in honor of The Muppets one year anniversary! :smile:

But hey at least we have a new movie to look forward to next year as well! :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I personally can't believe it's already been a year. Feels like I just saw it in theaters. I'm serious where does time go? Maybe I will watch it tonight in honor of The Muppets one year anniversary! :smile:

But hey at least we have a new movie to look forward to next year as well! :smile:
I know. Time really flies. And yes I'm really excited for the new movie as well! :halo:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay! You talk to me into it, guys. I promise to see The Muppets tonight. I will tell you that I saw this with my parents last year. Oh boy, I knew it was going to be 1 year anniversary of this movie.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Let me tell you all my story: I went to go see The Muppets 2 days after it was released with my mom and little sister. We went to one movie theater (The one where my family and I saw "Toy Story 3") and got there early. So we figured we'd come back in a little while. We come back and there's this giant line of little kids and their parents. So we wait in the line for maybe 15 or 20 minutes or so. We get to the front of the line.......and there were NO tickets left for the movie.

I was just really disappointed 'cause I was dying to see the movie. My mom suggests we could see either "Happy Feet 2" or "Puss In Boots" and I tell her "No. We are seeing The Muppets. I'm not missing out on this for my life." So then my little sister says that we should see if the movie was playing at the other movie theater we usually go to (I've seen a few other movies there, including "The Three Stooges" and "The Ant Bully"). There was a 3:00 showing for The Muppets there and we hurried down to the other theater.

Luckily, we got there early and got our tickets ahead of time. When it came close to going into the theater, we still saw a bunch of people anxious to see the movie (little kids and all). The theater was packed (Luckily we got a pretty decent seat.) and I think I even saw little kids running up and down the aisle while the movie was playing.

The highlight of the movie was definitely when "Rainbow Connection" came on. Me and my mom were close to crying and I think I saw a few adults with tears in their eyes as well. When the song finished, everyone in the theater was clapping! I swear, even the little kids got excited.

After the movie finished, we went to the nearby Carvel (Yes we have a Carvel ice cream shop there) and got ice cream. (Mint chip...yes!) I swear, that day was one of the best moments of my life......

And here we are, one year later. And look how far we've come. The movie won The Muppets their first Academy Award (for "Man or Muppet"). The movie is now out on DVD and Blu-Ray, and recently airing on Starz. And even a sequel is in the works that'll be out next year

In conclusion, in 2012, one year later; Life is still a happy song. Pictures are still in our head. Some of us are still deciding if we're either Men or Muppets. We still rock out to "We Built This City" on occasions. And mostly importantly, The Rainbow Connection still lives on in us all.....

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just remember the excitement I felt leading up to the release of it was like a child on Christmas morning. Particularly because this was the first Muppet movie I got to see on the big screen. I wasn't even born yet and only a year old when the first three came out.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was just about to post a thread about this...:smile:

Personally, I love the movie and love it to this day. Wow, it's been a whole year since I saw it at the premiere here in my city. I remember that and it was a lot of fun and probably one of the best nights I ever had.
The movie had me smiling the whole way through. I remember getting a little emotional and very excited when they all came out and held hands to sing Rainbow Connection.

I think fans enjoyed this movie the most than anyone else, (there were a whole bunch of jokes for the fans) and the online community leading up to the movie's release was awesome. I can't wait to do that all over again with you guys when the even newer movie comes out. :smile: