1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets premiering on Disney Channel and ABC Family in January

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet Frog, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

The Muppets makes it regular TV premieres on Disney Channel as part of its "Janewary" celebration and ABC Family on January 5th at 8:00pm and 10pm.

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So what's "Janewary"? My first guess was a month-long tribute to Jane Henson.

I'm not surprised that The Muppets will be broadcast on The Disney Channel and ABC Family, especially after learning yesterday that The Muppet Movie will air on ABC Family in January.

And you know, with Muppets Most Wanted coming out in March, it would be great if one of those channels would have a "Muppet March" (nice aliteration, eh?). They could reair The Muppet Show as well as all the Muppet movies and specials Disney can (except maybe the Christmas ones).

muppetlover123 likes this.
  3. Muppet Frog

Janeweary is an annual Disney Channel celebration where they air new premieres throughout the month of January. This year's promo confirmed that The Muppets network premiere will be a part of it.

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Or do like Nick did on Sunday afternoons and post a lot of there old specials. Even if they just aired Muppets Tonight I would be happy.

minor muppetz likes this.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

That would be a good promo for MMW

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, Jan. 5 will a Muppet marathon starting at 2 on ABC Family, showing MTI, MTM, TMM and then M11 at 8 and 10.

The Count and minor muppetz like this.
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I want the GMC too! I don't know why they have to show MTI. It's an ok movie but i like the classic two but really my favorite of all is MTM. That's the one i grew up on the most but GMC would come in first then MTM. Cool to see them showing these movies back to back. Hope there's some interactionin between the movies.

8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Don't know how I feel about them showing The Muppets twice back-to-back while leaving out The Great Muppet Caper (but I'll forgive them for not showing Muppets from Space, and understand them not showing The Muppet Christmas Carol out of season).

9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

ABC Family routinely airs double-dips of the movie they premiere on either Saturday or Sunday nights. They did last year when Despicable Me made its network debut during their 2012 25 Days of Christmas promotion. Would prefer TGMC along with TMTM, TMM, and TM but I'm still definitely tuning in for the Muppet-thon next week. :D

10. Muppet Frog

The Disney Channel premiere of The Muppets (2011) is January 12th at 8 p.m

11. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

I'm at disappointed that The Great Muppet Caper won't be premiering, but I'll be watching.

12. muppetlover123

Just saw the gordon ramsay muppisode on disney channel disney is getting the movie promoted a little better this go around

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

As if they didn't promote the last movie enough? We got tons of trailers which were almost all viral hits and a billion appearances on TV/radio/online.

14. muppetlover123

Well i meant more promoted on the Disney channel. Oh and also muppet fans tomorrow starting at 9 am Pacific time they are showing special looks at muppets most wanted during the commercials

15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.