1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here it is... The second official theatrical trailer for "The Muppets" coming Wednesday November 23. Let us know your thoughts.

2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This might be the best one yet.

Fersureitsjess likes this.
  3. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Link sings (even though he just sang "Hello") for the first time in thirty years-- ?! Now I'm dying here! I'm like, a barbershop geek, here... he's handsome! x-x <3

Can't wait to share this to my friends. I really enjoyed it. :)

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Cool.

I wish there could've been more minor character revealings, but in the crowd scene at the 0:53 mark, I spotted some brown-ish-colored creature above Waldorf. Any idea who that is? I'm thinking that it might be Baskerville the Hound.

I also wonder if the Turkey is going to be in the movie as well.

And why are those empty arches still empty? You'd think they would've finally had characters placed in them by now.

minor muppetz likes this.
  5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

P.S.: I can't help but think that David Rudman performed Miss Poogy.

6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Can't talk now. Basking in the Muppety goodness.

newsmanfan and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Other than the fact the toilets kinda bugged me (not by much), this is a far superior trailer than that first one. Much more polish, much better scenes used. Love the fact Link actually gets a LINE in one of these movies. Love seeing Beautiful Day in the back...

anyone else think the Foozie's a slight reference to that cutscene from Family Guy with wrong sounding Fozzie saying "Wocka Wocka! Who wants to hear a funnyXXX joke?"

And Gonzo's back to his former crazy stunts he hasn't done since the 80's. Really excited now.

Duke Remington and LinkiePie<3 like this.
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Ha didnt notice Link talk the first time i love it... Walters growing on me, but not to much he is a good backgrounder

I love the NPH moment

In the words of my friend Ray "Waiting is stupid this movie needs to come out now!'

9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Darn it lol you beat me to it X) Anyways, I love the new trailer! Lots of screen time for all the characters.. and Walter gets some attention too:)

10. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Holy moly, this is the GREATEST trailer I've ever seen. AMAZING!

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm getting more of an idea of what Walter's all about, actually. This trailer seems to loosely define him. He's a very obsessive little fanboy, but he avoids being the fat little George Costanza looking glasses wearing stereotype...

[​IMG]

And yet, his over-optimistic/obsessive nature causes him to act similar to Grover... throwing himself around a lot... that bit where he runs right into the TV sums that up. I like how the character's a lot of physical quality.

That said, I don't see him being a major character beyond the film... a little more minor than Scooter in the old show and movies... I could see him getting a couple web videos. It's hard to tell... there's too dang many Muppets to all get into the spotlight no matter what era it is.

12. Frogpuppeteer

That makes sense about Walter, i know the movie will bring him full circle and we will see where he will fall in

that was my concern at first, since he is a Humanoid/Whatnot Muppet i felt if he was to be a permanent attachment to the Muppets the only place would be Scooters gopher job, basically removing Scooter once again

13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

All I can say is, this really looks like the Muppets project I want to see! I mean, as a fan, I want to see everything, but really . . . this looks like the real deal to me. I'm going to have to shy away from any more trailers or commercials, because I want to keep some surprises fresh. But this just fills me with warm felty goodness!

14. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

If you don't think this is the greatest movie this year ever, I will fight you. That's no lie

15. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

Oh my! Link talked during the barbershop choir shot and Steve was doing him. Steve's Link sounded beautiful.

16. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I can't see the image.

17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you could tell, since he was nearly drowned out by the others.

18. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

One by one, my recast fears are vanishing. First Matt's Uncle Deadly sounds great, now Steve's Link. All I need to hear is Matt as Strangepork and all of them will be settled.

Oh! And Matt's Pops sounded great, too! Can't forget about Pops.

19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

hey at least he is getting used and has a line. the last time Link talked was in video game Muppet Party Cruise and Steve Whitmere did a great job! Link should have been brought back way before now, but the timming is right for a lot of our favs to make a nice little comeback.

20. Frogpuppeteer

im dieing to know why Segal has to open the window to breath..i feel like theres a huge chunk missing