The Muppets Take Manhattan....Again

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I know that I haven't finished my other story yet, but this story sets up a lot of things in that one. As with the first chapter of the last story, the Muppets aren't in this first chapter, but they'll be in the next one.

The Muppets Take Manhattan…. On Vacation

Chapter 1: Preparation

Nineteen-year-old Ashley Carter carried an armful of T-shirts to her green suitcase and clumsily shoved them in. She was preparing to travel to New York with her friend Ramona Simmons and their friends, the Muppets.

Ashley danced around her room with excitement. “I can’t wait to get to the city!” she squealed to herself. “New York! The sights, the shows, the smells…” she paused for a moment, “…okay, maybe I’m not looking forward to everything.”

“Ashley!” her mother called from the main floor of the house. “Ramona’s here!”

“Be down in a minute!” Ashley called. She pressed down hard on the top of her suitcase, and managed to snap it shut. Slinging her blue messenger bag over one shoulder, she grabbed her suitcase and bolted down the stairs. Standing at the foot of the stairs were Ashley’s mother and her brown-haired best friend Ramona. “Hey, girl!”

Ramona put down her pink suitcase so that she could wave to her friend. “Hey, Ash!” she said.

Ashley’s mother gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek. “ Have fun, sweetie,” she said. She slipped Ashley several $20 bills. “Here’s some extra money for emergencies, and a few gifts for your brothers.”

Ashley rolled her eyes. “I know, Mom, they’re sad that they couldn’t come,” she muttered, then returned her mother’s kiss. “We’ve got to go now.” She motioned for Ramona to follow her out to door.

“Bye, Mrs. Carter,” Ramona said as the two girls headed out the door.

Mrs. Carter waved. “Bye, girls!” she said, and the door was slammed shut.

The girls put their luggage into the trunk of Ramona’s beaten up old car, then got into the two front seats. Ramona started the car and pulled away from curb.

Ashley gazed out the window. “You as excited as I am?” she asked her friend.

Ramona nodded, her eyes never leaving the road. “New York should be fun,” she answered. “Kermit said we’d like it. Plenty of art and culture for me, and plenty of food and clubbing for you.”

Ashley laid back. “Yeah….”

And so the adventure began.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I know this one has been up for a year, but it's my second prequel to Super Muppets (along with Beginnings, which is the first), and this story sets up a lot that doesn't happen in the first prequel. I'm thinking I'll revise these two stories concurrently and post them as I am able.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
They're going to meet her later. Unfortunately, I won't be able to update this story until I get some time off from school (so, not until either Thanksgiving break or winter break). In order for me to get in fanfiction mode, I have to have nothing regarding schoolwork on my mind. Being an English major, I have a mountain of books to read and essays to write, so it might be a while. Sorry, but thank you for your patience.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm officially announcing that this story will commence! I worked a bit on chapter 2 today, and hope to have more up ASAP. Since this story sets up a lot of what happens in Super Muppets and its sequel, and my canon in general, I think finishing this up is important.

Misskermie

Reaction score
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!

I really enjoy your stories, and I think this one will be very good!

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Are you going to post it soon? Sorry I just rully like this story! My name is Ashley so that makes me love it even more!!