The Muppets take the Jacob Burns Film Center in NY

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Thought I'd pass this on to everybody, especially us NY MC'ers. :big_grin:

There is this art house theater in Pleasantville, NY that shows family films on weekends as part of their "Movies for Kids & Families" program. They've shown a few Henson films in the past (MTM, MTI, MFS, DC, Witches) and it seems that this January into the end of February, the JBFC is showing nothing but Henson films for the Family Films program. The dates and movies are as follows.

The Muppet Movie will be shown January 5, 6, 12 and 13 at 12PM on all days.
Labyrinth will be shown January 19, 21, 26 and 27 at 12PM on all days.
The Dark Crystal will be shown February 2, 3, 9 and 10 at 12PM on all days.
The Muppets Take Manhattan will be shown February 16-18, 23 and 24 at 12PM on all days.

I'll be able to make all of these except MTM, but I'll definitely be there if anyone else goes. It'd be cool get a group of MCers together to go these things.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I know this place!
:big_grin: I'll see what the newyear brings in terms of scheduling, but I should be able to make at least some of them! See you there!
:cool:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
:eek: Don't tell me no one's seen this!
:concern: Oh well, I had forgotten about this myself until my mom saw a flyer advertising it. The main problem now is trying to figure out which one(s) I'm going to go to. I figured I'd see which ones, if any, the rest of you are going to, and make my decision that way. Of course, it would be great if some of us could meet up!
:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
:eek: Don't tell me no one's seen this!
:concern: Oh well, I had forgotten about this myself until my mom saw a flyer advertising it. The main problem now is trying to figure out which one(s) I'm going to go to. I figured I'd see which ones, if any, the rest of you are going to, and make my decision that way. Of course, it would be great if some of us could meet up!
:smile:
I'm probably seeing TMM this Saturday and then I'll probably see Labyrinth on MLK Day, I'm still deciding when I'll see DC but I know I won't make it to any of the showings of MTM (I'm going to be in Florida both those weekends, but maybe I'll be back for the final show on 2/24. I'll have to see how this all pans out.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
You are all WEIRDOS....(and very lucky)

Wrong movie quote, I know - not from TMM - but I'm just so jealous :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, I just got back from TMM and it was great! The biggest crowd for a kid's movie I've seen at the JBFC. I was looking for some MCers with no luck (if you were there, tell me! I'll look for you at Labyrinth :wink: ) but still had a blast. The only negative was that they didn't have a 35mm film print of the movie, they just projected the DVD on the screen and as a result, the picture quality was rather dark. This is the first time I've seen this happen at the Burns, but it still went well with everyone in the audience.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm sorry I wasn't able to go to TMM. I'll try to make Labyrinth!

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Of course, I JUST see this post today at 3pm - the last day for The Muppet Movie. I emailed the center inquiring if any of the other films will be from 35mm film. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks for the info!

peace

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Of course, I JUST see this post today at 3pm - the last day for The Muppet Movie. I emailed the center inquiring if any of the other films will be from 35mm film. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks for the info!

peace
...and here's what the center had to say (pretty cool too...)

Yes, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, The Muppets Take Manhattan are all being projected in 35mm. Unfortunately, we may not be able to get the brand new print that Sony just struck of Labyrinth - and if we do get it, it will only be for the 26th and 27th. Otherwise, we’ll simply be showing the regular circulating 35mm print of it.

Also, I should mention that sometime later in the year, we will be bringing up a couple of the special programs of Henson shorts being presented by BAM in a traveling package. We’re currently coordinating that with our education department, so I unfortunately don’t have any dates, but most likely it will be in September/October.