"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Puckrox

Reaction score
But honestly, I expected their first poster to feature just Jason and Walter!
Yeah, ditto. As excited as I am about Jason Segel and Walter being such a big part of this movie, the fact that the only muppets on the poster are the orignals... well, frank(oz)ly, it warms my heart. I'm so excited for this film, I can't even stand it. :big_grin:

Puckrox

Reaction score
(Staying off topic: Thanks! This school term's been rough, but I'm slowly weaning my way back onto the forums. :big_grin: )

Beauregard

Reaction score
(Still off topic[can't even remember what the topic is to be honest]: Its been really hard for me to get on lately too, but with the rise of the Muppet news like this poster [Oh yes, that's what the topic was!] I'm determined to get involved properly again!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, notice how Kermit's mouth is totally closed...a pose that is unusual for him. They have not yet been given a 'voice' through a teaser trailer, or full trailer. They are setting the mood gradually. It may have been far too overwhelming to see them all acting crazy right away; especially for some audiences who may have NEVER seen the Muppets before. They wouldn't have understood why Fozzie had a banana in his ear, Animal was tearing through the poster or Piggy was attacking her frog. Slow and steady wins the race! And when they truly come to life...It Will Be Amazing.
I like the fact Kermit's mouth is closed and it LOOKS GOOD for a change... Somehow I kinda wish the tagline was "Don't call it a comeback" but that's just me... and it sorta IS...

Yeah, this poster does it's job, subtly saying "We're back!" And I'm sure by the time the movie comes out, we'll get a big cluttered wacky pose with as many Muppets as they can fit on it (like the Toy Story 3 poster), or something that has relationship to the plot... but for now, the Muppets taking a dignified stride back into the spotlight seems to work.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
*bounce, bounce, bounce*

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
According to a link on the TP Forums (which I can't repost or even access right now), a trailer for movie is appearing before Pirates 4. So, yippie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw great.... now I HAVE to go and see that now. Not that I didn't want to, but it comes out pretty close to Kung Fu Panda... and I didn't even get a chance to see Thor yet.