1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogpuppeteer, May 19, 2011.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Greetings Muppet Family...so i just got in from the movie theater and saw my first glimpse at you guess it The Muppets Teaser trailer before Pirates of the Caribbean...it was great in a short 20 seconds it looking like a fantastic film...even my friends who arnt big muppet fans agree that they want to see this film

the trailer starts out a joke really advertising only Jason Segal and Amy Adams as a lovey couple celebreating their trip to los angels and just when you think the trailer is over and you pass it off as another romantic comedy does Kermit show up...there are not of story spoiling moments in it the the scenes they picked definately give off the good old fashioned muppet vibe....and you guess it full body muppets in some moments ala Gonzo ripping his shirt open Superman Style and even a nod to the original muppet movie. Crazy harry ends the trailer with an explosion and one liner. i cant wait and nov 23 cant come any sooner...you bet i will find this trailer asap even if i have to pay for it.

2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Finally...it's 2011 now!

3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'mmmmm so excited for this trailer. :D:D:D

4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm so excited (for this trailer)
    And i just can't hide it (tried to; was a failure)
    I'm about to lose control and am risking jail-er.

5. kymie

kymie New Member

PotC4 was released here yesterday so Im off today to watch it - of course my main reason for going is mainly to see the trailer! So excited!:excited:

6. kymie

kymie New Member

*Sigh* a fellow Brit watched the film last night and just told me there was no Muppet trailer :( I knew we would get left out! I wonder if the film will even make it to cinemas here :(

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The word is that this film has always had a later intended release date for the UK.

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

wow A preview with Crazy Harry in it things are really moving along now!

9. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

*faints*I'm sooooooooooooooo excited! <3

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

(In Dr. Robotnik voice): Quoting spoilers as USUAL, I see! :D

11. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

God, that sounds awesome!

12. kymie

kymie New Member

I have rooted around today and was told The Muppets wont be released in the UK until February 2012 :( I shall got back into lurkdom til then xx

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Don't lurk...Hang out with me! I'm in the same boat (not literally...I'm not Closer than you think, the Muppets are) but, all us Brits have to wait for Valentines' before we get to see it! I just CANNOT imagine how I will be able to do it!

14. Scooterfan5

Scooterfan5 Active Member

I can't wait!

15. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Only a matter of time before someone pirates it to Youtube -- or the official thing is released online! Yay! :)

16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Tomorrow or tonight at midnight with Pirates it should debut.

17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So why couldn't they have released this teaser last holiday season? In fact I and others on here awhile back said that a good idea for a trailer would be joke on the audience: have what looks like your typical rom-com bromance trailer that will appeal to the Paul Rudd/Segal/etc audience. And at the very end, have a Muppet come into the scene.

They should have already had a teaser out for some time, and now be showing the first trailer(most big movies get a teaser, then three trailers)

Anyways, glad it's finally out...though sounds pretty short. Given all the reviews make POTC4 out to be a total mess and borderline horrible, I'm not sure I can justify the $11-$15 to see it.

18. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I personally didn't think PotC4 was horrible... I enjoyed it. Do i feel it was as good as the others? Well, this one was def a stand alone film. You could have never seen the first 3 and completely understood this one. To what i recall, there were no mentions of the other film's adventures.

On with the promo.

The promo was awesome tho. As i mentioned elsewhere, it was the only trailer to get an applause from the audience... Something which was unexpected... but there seems to be a lot of ppl excited and interested.

19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I can imagine. Deep down I think everyone is a Muppet fan...least everyone has a favorite Muppet. In fact, this trailer is going to shock people...as most assumed the Muppets were dead. Also more shocking: this isn't a cgi over live action revival fan.

Disney is counting on this to bring out that inner magic people naturally feel when they see or hear the Muppins.

20. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

awesome!