1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets to open the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppetboy09, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Cool. Looking forward to it.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Great news!

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Good to hear!

5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sariously? Instead of the float with Tom the Turkey and Food Network host Sandra Lee, the first float at the opening of this year's T-Day Parade will be The Muppets? :excited: Yaaay! Okay, so that's The Muppets at the beginning of the parade, and then the Sesame float at around anywhere between a quarter to half an hour after the parade begins. Thanks for the Mupdate. :news:

6. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

actually they're probably doing this cutesy opening number during the Broadway stuff. Remember last year when the On Your Feet musical did this little music video to "Conga"? That's probably going to be at least similar to that.

7. The Count

Not really since I didn't watch last year's parade. And even if it's some segment before the parade begins it's still a win in my book because I enjoy the musical numbers from some of the Broadway plays.

MelissaY1 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I always watch the parade from beginning to end, including the pre-parade musical numbers in the first hour of the broadcast, so wherever the Muppets fit into this scenario, I'm ready to watch!!

9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Personally, I love the performances from Broadway musicals. Nowadays I don't watch the parade anymore, I usually like the watch the performances on YouTube after the parade is over. Anybody remember when Camp Broadway used to open the parade some years back and then they performed with Kermit in 2008? I loved their musical performances as well as Stagedoor Manor's.

10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

That is awesome!

Although, I feel kinda sorry for the performers who have to pull double duty with Muppets and Sesame Street!

11. MelissaY1

I have a feeling there will be a lot of extras. there's no way performers will be doing both floats/performances unless for some reason the Muppets segment is pre-recorded. My guess is they will get a lot of extra puppeteers for this.

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, like MelissaY1 said, both the Muppets and the Sesame Street performers have a lot of people to double for them.

Although, I like to think that maybe the SST and Muppet performers will have a nice little reunion before or after the parade.

13. Muppetboy09

14. Daffyfan2003

That was cool, but it seems like they only used Eric's and Bill's characters for that one. Hopefully we'll see Kermit and the rest of the gang during the actual parade.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  15. Muppetboy09

I'm sure Steve just wasn't available that day. They wouldn't do a parade without Kermit.

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  16. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what channel it's going to be on? Some guides said CBS and others said NBC.

17. The Count

Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is on NBC.
    CBS usually airs either highlights or some other local parades.

18. MelissaY1

NBC is the better broadcast. They show everything.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. Daffyfan2003

I don't know. I'm watching now and makes me wonder about his availability this month, since Kermit was there, but just singing along with the other Muppets. (Statler and Beaker's lines could have been pre-recorded.) But I'll keep watching and see if they'll give the frog more airtime. Or maybe Steve will surprise us and return to the role as Ernie in the "Sesame Street" segment. You never know. Kee hee hee hee! They announced Miss Piggy at the beginning, so maybe she'll show up again. I did like the "Hey, it's Macy's" song. Nice twist on a Classic Muppet song.

20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.