The Muppets TV promo blitz has begun!

beaker

Reaction score
Hehe, Pepe's cameo is coming out of Behemoth's mouth...I can dig that! Monsters eating Muppets is a classic tradition. Man Behemoth looks cool squished in there with the main cast. If only they'd make merchandise of him.

If they made merch and toys for every single character in Toy Story 3(and there were a lot), why not this one?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It looks like some of those clips were from random behind the scenes (Bad Penguins!) and maybe even from when they took the photos for the Poster (meaning it might be real Muppets, not poser Muppets for that?).

Drtooth

Reaction score

If they made merch and toys for every single character in Toy Story 3(and there were a lot), why not this one?
I wonder... I think the Muppets may indeed outnumber the TS3 cast. I'd LOVE to see a not that stylized Muppet figure buddy pack. I gotta get working on those Sesame Street ones, actually.

It's nice to see a TV movie trailer that doesn't make me question humanity and life itself and want to reach into the TV and smack the guy in the face.... You can tell I'm talking about Pukey Larsony: 1990's Throwback movie, right? And that HIDEOUS Adam Sandler playing a woman thing.

Stuff like this makes me even more excited.

Beauregard

Reaction score
YES! I went into a Disney store and was shocked to see a plush-ish toy of the posh Hedgehog from TS3. HOW can that exist and there be not a SINGLE frog, pig or bear wearing a neckatie in the place!

BornToWemble

Reaction score
YES! I went into a Disney store and was shocked to see a plush-ish toy of the posh Hedgehog from TS3. HOW can that exist and there be not a SINGLE frog, pig or bear wearing a neckatie in the place!
Oh wow, seriously? I'll have to mosey to the Disney Store! I thought that guy was cute it must have been the lederhosen.

We can only hope/pray that the stores will start flooding with Muppet stuff. Mabe they're uh...'perfecting' plush toys or something? We all know how rushed Muppet Toys can look like... I'd really like to have a Gonzo plush that didn't look like he was strung out on meth...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what's strange? Other than a couple T's and the Vynalmations (which constantly sell out, or at least well) I see no merchandise at the Disney Store... YET last couple times I went to the Disney Store, they were promoting the heck out of the movie on their television screens.

As for Mr. Prickley or whatever the hedgehog is, that toy didn't come out well until after the movie was out. Of course, when it came to Toy Story, they almost never had any Toy Story stuff NOT sold in stores... same deal with Cars. I don't see why a couple plush Kermits would be a problem.

Of course, once Lion Kind 3-D/DVD release came out, they had plush of the background animals that were in the opening Circle of Life number. So, maybe we have to wait for the movie to see something.

I HOPE to see a Pepe and a Walter in time.

beaker

Reaction score
@Tooth: I just saw at Toys R Us the full figurine set of that girl's bedroom toys...and no surprise, NO Totoro. They have every single character but him. What, they couldnt get the rights? Totoro was in many of the scenes, so not having him is bunk

I'll check Disney store in October. I'm a bit worried tho.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Love it! Bring on the promos. Hopefully the merchandise comes out with a bang *waits for Crazy Harry*