The Muppets Valentines Special

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just recently got a GREAT copy of The Muppets Valentines Special from my ol' pal SidCrowe !

I have watched it a few times and noticed that it has a bit of Dialogue with Wally and Mia right after The "ValunTune" Sketch.

I thought that i had got a totally uncut version, But then someone tells me that there is a part when Mia sings to Rufus !

Mine is -

Begining -
All running around the house laughing and shouting,
"Love is a Valentine" Song, Mia Farrow intro.
Crazy 'Donalds' Explosion

Wally talking about Love to Droop, George and then Mildred and Brewster.
more Dialogue, Crazy 'Donald' Explosion.
Kermit " I dont wanna talk about it, I'll sing about it"

"Froggy went a Courtin" Song - Kermit, Miss Mousey and Big Mouse.
Mildred, Kermit and Frogs in Piano.

Wally Types, "Mia Farrow appears at the front door", the back door, Permit mme to point out our side door.
Mia meets the Muppets, Mildred, Wally Droop, Rufus and Brewster greet her.

On the Sofa...
The Crumpet that died.
Mildred and Mia talk about Children, George interupts "You got kids like them, Weird lady !"
Wally interupts with Thogs Valentine Card...
"Be My Valentune" Song - Mia and Thog

Wally types...
Charming lady guest star meets Rufus...
Mia wants a Dog, Rufus tries to be a Watch Dog, a show Dog, an Aristocratic Dog and a Grey Hound.
*I think i hear the first few notes of a song hear*
It fades and goes into...

George "Who turned out the lights?, uh blast!"
Crazy 'Donald' Explosion

Something meening full about love...
"Love Comes to Koozebain" sketch
Wally and Mia talk about Love, George is mopping up.
George and Mia find out that George loves his MOP!

"We Got Love" - Song
With Kermit, Wally, Brewster, Mildred, Mia, The Frog Chorus, George, Thog, Miss Mousey and Droop.

Wally says Good Night to Mia with Brewster, Mildred, Droop, George, Crazy 'Donald', The Frogs, miss Mousey, Rowlf, Ernie, Bert and Rufus leaves with her.

End

Does anyone have a complete transcript of the show ?
A List of voices and puppeteers would be good too !

And im looking for Good Quality copies of The Great Santa Claus Switch and The Muppet Show - Sex and Violence.

Thanks

matleo

Reaction score
Warrick

hey bud,
Yes, there is a song there. she sings "how much is that Doggy in the window?" (I think) I saw it once at the Museum of Tv and Radio in NYC. Believe me, when I say, there is a reason this song is cut!!! Mia Farrow, whilst many other things, was not a gifted vocal talent. yes, yes, I know she does the song with Thogearlier, but she only sings a little and it's om her range, but when she with Rufus...she's alone and a few ocaves too high..and bad!!!!! I was telling someone on here about this recently (Was it you? I don't remember.) Anyway, this song is the WORST piece of musical business the Muppets ever delivered. I'm sure you want a comeplete V-day special and I can respect that, but believe me, you'd only fast forward when you got to the song.
Anyway, I have a copy of Sex & Violence f you like. interested in a trade? don't have the other one though.

--Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matleo

Hey Man,
Thanks for helping me out !

I actually already have The Muppet Show- Sex and Violence but its an old copy and its all fuzzy.

How is your copy ?

Here is what is missing from the YTV Canada show that was taped last Valentines Day.

Straight after "Froggy went a courtin'" -

Kermit -
Uh huh

Mildred -
What a sad sad story.

Kermit -
Yeah, i dont wanna talk about it.

Frog Chorus -
Come on guys, Back to the Frog Pong.

Mildred -
No wonder the stupid thing is out of tune !

*Fades to Commercials*

That whole part is missing !

*Fades back from Commercials*

Wally -
What we need now is out guest star...
Miss Mia Farrow arrives at the door.

Droop -
Oh Wow, Mia Farrow is here
Come on everybody

Mildred -
She's not at the front door.

Droop -
Maybe she is at the back door, Come on.

Mildred -
But she is not at the back door either!

Wally -
Permit me to point out our side door...

Then the last one (apart from "How Much is that Doggy")

Mildred -
Some girls have all the luck

Mia -
It take a little more than luck Mildred...

Mildred -
Yes i know, Ooh i know!

and at the very end when Rufus salutes as he leaves, They stopped it there and stuck the new Jim Henson Productions logo on it.
In the older copy i have it has that circle logo with the patterns in and says ' Muppet Productions '.

But It does have one more scene that my old copy doesnt have.
Just after the Koozebain sketch, They share a conversation.

See ya

matleo

Reaction score
Warrick!

hey War!
Yeah I have al that. the only part missig form mine is Mia Faroow singing (and I thank god every day for that small favor! an you guess I don't like that number?) my copy of S&V is pretty good. A bit fuzzy when it's ben copied but not bad. I actuall just mde a copy of it for Scott "Scarecroe" Hanson and he seemed happy and I'm supposed to meake copies of it for some other people (Squigiman and I think someone else. I have to reread my e-mails.) Anyway, e-me with a list of what you have to trade. i have a real hankering to see Frog Prince right now, if you have that or I only have half of TMS on tape so I'm always on the look out for those. Let's talk.

--Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matleo

Hey,
Well i noticed that my old tape doesnt have a part of the conversation that Mia and Wally have after the Koozebain sketch.
Mia says something about the Koozebains fooling around.

Oh i really want to see that Mia and Rufus number, Even if it is that bad !

LOL !

I wanna find out where you got your copy of The Muppet Show- Sex and Violence from, Because i know alot of us in the Europe have got the same copies !

Who did you get yours from ?

See ya

matleo

Reaction score
Taped S&V off Oddyseey a few years ago. They ran it one Sturday morning instead of the regular TMS.

ou mentioned something abot Mia havo a lne "koozebaninans fooling around"? Funny, I don't have that Maybe my copy isn't as complete as I thought. Hm.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Bad Mia Song

Matt,
I think it was me that you were telling about this, in letting me know that it was missing from your copy to send me, but not to worry. Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to say that I, too, would like "The Great Santa Claus Switch", as my favorite Muppet is Gonzo, and this marks his first appearance. That, and the fact that it's a Muppet production I've never seen, and therefore, don't own, as well. That's it. Take care, everybody.

-Squigiman

matleo

Reaction score
that's right! I knew I was warning somebody!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matleo

Hey Man,
They have a conversation that comes before this -

Wally -
Well it all goes to proove that love is everwhere !

Mia -
Yeah, Especially here, You are all such lovely people

So how is your copy of The Muppet Show- Sex and Violence ?
What parts are fuzzy and what about the sound ?

Are you in the UK or US ?

See ya

matleo

Reaction score
Re: Matleo

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Hey Man,
They have a conversation that comes before this -

Wally -
Well it all goes to proove that love is everwhere !

Mia -
Yeah, Especially here, You are all such lovely people

Actually it coems after Koozebane. It leads into the end

Wally: Yeah, ecept for my old friend George here.

George: Move!

and then some daialog between George and Mia and the final song. I DO have that part. OK!

S&V isn't that grainy in when copy. Actually my copy is quite good it's just in making a copy. I thikit's most noticeable during the bird sketch and during fade outs (anyplace with a black/dark). If Scarecroe is readin ghis maybe he'll comment on it for me. he was the recipient. Squigiman is also getting one in a few days (Tech week is almost over, Squig, I can put it together next week for you.) And I think someone else asked me for one.

but , no it really isn't bad. And definitly worth havign if you're lookin for a copy. Sounds is good. And I am in the US. I thikn that's everythign yo uasked and I am now a member (30 posts), and very tired (long rehearsal/week) Must sleep now. Feel no brain power...

--Matt