The Muppets & war with Iraq similairities

beaker

Reaction score
Yes folks, the two biggest pressing issues of our time...

I see a lot of similarities between the Muppets and the 13 year Iraq crisis. JH died around the time the Iraq thing flared up for the US in 1990, thus ending the 80's officially. Since then weve been dealing with the fallout of both these scenarios. JHC in a perpetual quagmire with hardly any relief in sight for some times; the US with this Iraq problem.

Both seem to be coming to a head. US is poised to invade Iraq and launch an all out war there soon...the Muppets are poised to possibly have a new buyout situation finalized soon. As well as the new Fox show.

I said it late last year, which would come first...the US war against Iraq or a Muppet buyout? Im still not sure what could come first.

I will say this...if word comes that the new Fox show wont debut til next year, it will indeed be a sad, major blow to the franchise.
With Palisades and other companies gearing up for the biggest merchandise onslaught in two decades, they'll need something to back that up: thus a new Muppet Show in 2003 is a MUST.

For the love of Frog, may we hear the new Fox show will premiere
late summer/early Fall of 2003. Anything short of that IMHO is unacceptable for the fans and everyone else(ie: retailers, companies, etc)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
wow! i never thought of it that way....

i think war will happen first....

Bush WANTS a war

muppets will happen last

EMTV will bring the muppets down with them, if they have to.

Sarah