"The Muppets": What made you cry

Frogster

Reaction score
Figured it'd be kinda cool to talk about those moments that caught you off-guard, got you choked up or just made you shed a tear of happiness...

The two parts that get me the most choked up is seeing Walter growing up, feeling like an outsider, and discovering The Muppet Show... and when everyone goes onstage to sing and they all hold hands. There were definitely other moments though.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I did love those first scenes when Walter is watching The Muppet Show, Jason Segal actually picked those parts which he should be watching. He said he just loved the Peter Sellers episode and just had to have that on.
And OF COURSE I cried by the Rainbow Connection, and at the end where they hold up Walter. Classic moments.
Life's a Happy Song was just amazing, whenever I hear that song I feel like dancing.
The Montage part was great, also with Rowlf missing the montage, becuase his story wasn't as interesting.
The Gonzo and Camilla parts were great. As were the Kermit and Miss Piggy were.
i just love this movie. Just perfect in every way.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It didn't really hit me until afterward, but the stuff at the beginning with Walter was quite heart-breaking, especially the Halloween portion.
Yes! Of course we all go through this kind of stuff. Being mad fun of becuase of being a Muppet fan, it was also so sad that we was never able to go on a roller-coaster with Gary.

beaker

Reaction score
Figured it'd be kinda cool to talk about those moments that caught you off-guard, got you choked up or just made you shed a tear of happiness...

The two parts that get me the most choked up is seeing Walter growing up, feeling like an outsider, and discovering The Muppet Show... and when everyone goes onstage to sing and they all hold hands. There were definitely other moments though.
Oh indeed, the holding hands for Rainbow connection. And when he first sees the Muppet show, and that whole opening sequence...beyond words that Segel and Stoller came up with that.

There were many moments that gave me a huge gushy goosebumply wash of awe, almost tears of joy...when you see the big muppet show sign coming down with Kermit, that final speech he gives at the end before he walks up, etc

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I never really cried during the movie (it's very rare when I do) but there were definitely times when I started tearing up and having goosebumps all over. It really just grew as the movie went along. It started with the opening with Walter watching The Muppet Show, then "Pictures in My Head", Fozzie asking Kermit if it was going to be okay,etc. it was really the end that had me with goosebumps all over and tears all over. "Rainbow Connection" was absolutely amazing when they all held hands to sing a long. Kermit's heartwarming speech had me so close to losing it and as they walked out of the theater to their fans, I just sat in awe and silently said, "wow." That was absolutely amazing and I just was awestruck.