1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets": What made you laugh

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Nov 26, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For most people on here, we had our tearing up/crying moments throughout the film. But which parts of the film had you in stitches? Not just a few "hehs" and chuckles?

For me it was the whole butchering of Rainbow Connection in Reno by the Moopets. That is such an evocative, powerful and deeply meaningful song...so to have it destroyed in that manner, I was just busting up so much.

The part EVERYONE roared was the Jim "Sheldon Cooper" Cameo. Ive gotten everyone I know obsessed with that show, and so many people just adore the show and Sheldon. So that moment was PURE gold, totally unexpected. SO GLAD I didnt know that ahead of time as a spoiler

Also loved every time Animal said with that dour droll manner "innn controllllll".
    Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Jim Parson's cameo. I could barely focus on the song because i was cracking up so much. Brilliant.

Haha, really? I actually gasped out loud when I heard it. How dare they blaspheme these beloved lyrics?!?! Well, actually, it was really funny....
  3. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

I was cracking up by Gonzo when he blew up his company and said "people of the world, I will never hold a plunger again."
  4. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I thought Ms. Piggy was hilarious in that one bit where she karate chopped Miss Poogy and said "There can only be one "Miss Piggy", and that is MOI!!!" And that one part where Ms. Piggy hits her head on the table a few times. And the one where UD does a Maniacal laugh, and he says to his boss (who fell down to the street) "Now THAT'S a maniacal laugh!!!!!" There were other parts that I thought were hilarious too, but I can't remember which ones.
    I also forgot about whenever Animal says "In controoooooool...."
    LaRanaRene likes this.
  5. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

Yeah, muppet man was pretty funny
  6. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

At the end when Mary turns and goes MAHNA MAHNA
  7. tutter_fan

I also liked the "Fart Shoes" thing too.
  8. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

Yeah that was good.
  9. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

Rowlf's montage scene had me laughing a good bit. Also Rowlf's "awkward" line when the gang is turned away after thinking they were getting the go-ahead was a favorite of mine, too.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The "Man or Muppet" sequence was a lot funnier than I remember. And I laughed a lot at many of the visual gags in the opening "Life's a Happy Song" number.
  11. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

When Jason walked into her classroom singing awfully, I was on the floor
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread but all the "Walter throwing" scenes.

Anytime Walter screamed

When they found Beauregard in the closet
  13. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

The whole walter screaming through that part after he eavesdrops was hysterical
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

when UD pushed tex off the roof
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  15. Aidk321

Aidk321 New Member

Why was that funny?
  16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I did my manical laugh by that part
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The ones I recall were: "What the Wocka?!" and "I once waited a whole year for September!"
  19. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Jack Black getting kidnapped was great, especially when they try explaining it to Kermit, and Lew Zealand's line afterwards... "Mr. The Frog, we decided that a celebrity is not a people!"

"That's nothing, I once waited a whole year for September..." Loved this, because in a way it reflects how long we fans have waited for this movie lol

Sweetums... "I wanna save the theater, too! Not again!" (I was laughing and applauding at this one... very nice touch to the film.)

Man Or Muppet

Wayne & Wanda's make-out scene (who woulda guessed they'd get a funny spot?)

And pretty much anything Bobo said or did... "A lil geriatric humor."
  20. tutter_fan

I also loved the part where Miss Poogy says "Hey Fozzie! I'd like you to meet a friend of mine!" and Foozie says "Wocka Wocka!!!" Foozie looks more like a gangster rapper than anything else in the movie.
    muppetlover123 likes this.