The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wish they would put this in a DVD set or four. He is still as loved as ever, and the series was really a step above the newer movies IMHO :smile:. A single episode here or there isn't the same :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm completely dumbfounded as to why they didn't! WTP was one of their biggest cash cows for years. Some episodes surfaced on "kid friendly" DVD's (what's so kid friendly about 15 bucks for 2-3 episodes?) a few years back. But then again, the one thing I think Disney CAN'T do to save its life is to release things in sets. Sure, they got the complete 1990's X-Men, but we were left in the lurch for the Disney Afternoon, The Tick, and Gargoyles (dispite non-stop pestering). When they refused to release Buzz Lightyear of Star Command in any combination of a set when TS3 came out (and look how aggressively they marketed that one), it dawned on me that they're just incapable of caring about box sets... really Phineas and Ferb, you're biggest hit, DOESN'T have a set, and the episodes are combined into movies?

Shout's done a good job when partnered up with these companies... they got Nick to release Rocko, they got WB to release Max Headroom. Someone needs to come in and help them release these things. Lionsgate, even. If Lionsgate got Disney to release box sets of bad 00's era sitcoms, they sure as heck can get the to finish Darkwing.

Yorick

Reaction score
It's a beautiful show in every sense of the word. I hope it's released one day!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's this other forum I'm a member of, which is themed around randomness. It doesn't have many members or threads, but if you'd like to join I started a general thread about Winnie the Pooh: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Randomness_is_coming/index.php?showtopic=327

But yeah, with Winnie the Pooh being so popular in recent years AND with an upcoming Pooh movie (why have so many recent Winnie the Pooh movies been released in theaters while the Three Muskateers with Mickey, Donald and Goofy got a direct-to-video release, anyway?) it's a wonder we haven't gotten any boxed sets of this show (or Welcome to Pooh Corner).

One of my favorite episodes is the one where Tigger tries to protect Roo from having to take a bath, and when Tigger switches Roo with Piglet, Kanga actually thinks Piglet is Roo, despite the two looking different. I particularly like Tigger's line "Everybody knows baths are bad for you!"

Another episode I like is, I think titled "Sham Pooh", in which Pooh suddenly loses is appetite, and other characters suddenly become others; honey gets spilled on Owl so Owl becomes pooh, either Eeyore or Gopher becomes Owl, Piglet becomes whoever becomes Owl, and Rabbit becomes Piglet because Tigger (in the role of a detective) suspects Rabbit is Piglet (and Rabbit accepts it when he worries about who'll take care of his garden, much like how Piglet often worries).

And there was an episode where Pooh moved away. I can't remember if Pooh really was moving or if the others mistakenly thought he was moving, but they through Pooh a going-away party, so Pooh moved because of it, and decided to stay with Piglet, keeping Piglet up all night. Eeyore moved into Pooh's home, but moved out when the others threw him a house warming party, mistaking that for a going away party.

Isn't it interesting how in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, Rabbit seems to live in a small cave of sorts, yet on the series, he lives in a tree (perhaps becase the tree had a bigger front door for Pooh to fit out of?).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I love "The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" - it'd be great to see it come to DVD! Maybe with the new movie, it will.
I can hear the theme song running in my head even now. Such a good, peaceful little show.:smile:
And as someone else mentioned, I also loved watching "Welcome to Pooh Corner" as a kid- the live action version in the early '80s, way before "The Book of Pooh".:big_grin:

Yorick

Reaction score
I shortened some of the quotes - so they're not exact...but of course they can be seen in previous posts:
There's this other forum I'm a member of, which is themed around randomness. It doesn't have many members or threads, but if you'd like to join I started a general thread about Winnie the Pooh: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Randomness_is_coming/index.php?showtopic=327
Interesting post - I may well join!

it's a wonder we haven't gotten any boxed sets of this show (or Welcome to Pooh Corner).
Oh I love that show!
One of my favorite episodes is the one where Tigger tries to protect Roo from having to take a bath. I particularly like Tigger's line "Everybody knows baths are bad for you!"
Ha! Thanks for the Pooh memories! I also love the one with Nasty Jack, and the one where Eeyore stays alone outside at night, looking at the sky. I recall the first being hilarious and the second being quite poignant.

Isn't it interesting how in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, Rabbit seems to live in a small cave of sorts, yet on the series, he lives in a tree (perhaps becase the tree had a bigger front door for Pooh to fit out of?).
Yes indeed!

I love "The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" - it'd be great to see it come to DVD! Maybe with the new movie, it will.
I can hear the theme song running in my head even now. Such a good, peaceful little show.:smile:
And as someone else mentioned, I also loved watching "Welcome to Pooh Corner" as a kid- the live action version in the early '80s, way before "The Book of Pooh".:big_grin:
Right on! The TNAOWTP song was in my head yesterday! It's always there, like you said. It's great! And WTPC is a great show! And as you say, was around long before TBOP! And was smarter, of course.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Right on! The TNAOWTP song was in my head yesterday! It's always there, like you said. It's great! And WTPC is a great show! And as you say, was around long before TBOP! And was smarter, of course.
I prefer the theme from the classic shorts over the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh theme.

Yorick

Reaction score
Well luckily in my earliest years I saw the original specials like WTP and the Honey Tree, and loved it all, including the theme (same goes for "Welcome to Pooh Corner" too), and then later they made The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and I loved that show, and it's theme as well.

So it was win win win for me. If it was a contest for sheer emotional vocal delivery and urgency in a song, The New Adventures theme would win, but I'm happy I don't have to choose a favorite, because I do like them all!

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I loved that show when I was little. I hope they release it on DVD.:coy:

Yorick

Reaction score
Same here, Fersureitsjess - and I LOVE the Richard Hunt quote as your signature! How true! It's part of the Muppets appeal, along with all that heart. Put 'em together and ya got what Frank Oz calls affectionate anarchy :smile:

<<~We do what everyone else in the world wants to do and that's act crazy.~-Richard Hunt>>