1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The New "Am I the Only One" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Okay this time I didn't spray my computer with tea it was water. :p
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Sounds like an improvement...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

How about lily pads? :p
    Hubert likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Anyone else completely annoyed at how they rush Halloween out of stores now? I know Christmas is their big money maker and all, but for the love of Pete, some of us want some discount candy. Also, I hate Count Chocula (and friends) being a seasonal breakfast cereal now.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I was kinda of surprised; I went to CVS yesterday to look for gloves and they had all their Christmas stuff out already.
  6. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Technically it's always in the cereal isle, (at least at my grocery store), but they put it out front during October.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That actually surprises you? Most places start stocking their shelves with Christmas stuff around like October 1.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That rarely phases me. What gets my goat is when they put out the Christmas stuff just before the Halloween stuff at Target. And then the week leading up to Halloween, they push the stuff into a corner like it's clearance. But it isn't yet.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Umm...why is this a surprise? Christmas stuff was out in my area near the end of August. I hate Halloween anyways so I could really care less about that.
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah and it's been like this for several years now, we really ought to be used to it, lol.
  11. Pinkflower7783

I know people act like this is some big news story. I don't even remember the last time Christmas stuff was out AFTER Thanksgiving.
    heralde likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

Thanksgiving always gets the shaft when it comes to the major holidays... I think the problem is it's difficult to try to commercialize and secularize a holiday that's about... well... being thankful for what you have, and remembering those who came to this new land for freedom. Therefore, Thanksgiving has a tendency to be a very under-rated and under appreciated holiday, because there's no candy, or presents, or anything like that involved.
  13. heralde

Yeah Thanksgiving always get the short end of the drumstick (haha). There's just not as much opportunity for merchandising (apart from the supermarket!). It doesn't help that they've pulled back on the Native American dolls out of political correctness so now all we have are the Pilgrim dolls and really who cares about them? Lol.

But you're right, bottom line it's hard to merchandise thankfulness. But perhaps that's a good thing. ;)
  14. Pinkflower7783

15. heralde

That is brilliant; how true that is!
  16. robodog

robodog Active Member

I've been out on Black Friday a couple of times. You couldn't pay me to do it again. Too many people. And Black Friday seems to do something to some people's brains. Someone even got shot at a Toys R Us a couple years ago. What kind of psychopath brings a gun to a Toys R Us?
  17. Pinkflower7783

Welcome to America. :p
    heralde likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

It's not entirely a big deal really, but am I the only one who gets just a little annoyed with how people seem to get goth and emo mixed up?
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I get annoyed when people mix up punk and goth >_>
  20. D'Snowth

How did I know Sarge would be the first to respond to that? :shifty: