1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The New "Am I the Only One" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

The only good milkshake I've had was the mint chocolate chip milkshake out of the milkshake maker on campus. It's just some ice cream in a cup and the machine injects milk or whatever into it
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Not so much desperately out of ideas as much as desperately out of ideas for cheap/sweat shop reality programs that they can knock out. The real ideas need to be paid for.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yuck I don't like mint chocolate chip.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

All of this talk recently in this thread about those (well, specifically Oscarfan) being surprised that stores already have Christmas items on the shelves...

Get this: the Party City in my town already has stuff for VALENTINE'S DAY. Y'know, usually, the earliest I see Valentine's stuff is after New Year, but this RULLY takes the cake... but then again, not as bizarre as how most stores already has Halloween stuff after July 4.
  5. Pinkflower7783

I love how in the stores where I love there's Halloween Clearance sale going on along with the Christmas sales. :p
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I wonder in general how successful those "previous holiday clearance sales" are?
  7. Pinkflower7783

Not sure but that was suppose to say "Where I live." See that's what happens when you type from your phone. :p
  8. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

It could be either:
    1. They are extremely successful
    or
    2. Someone somewhere massively overstocked
    heralde likes this.
  9. Drtooth

That's insane. Christmas? Fine. That's a big money maker, and stores rush to get that out for early shopping to add to their overall sales. But to push out Christmas for Valentines Day?

Which would be great but either the price cuts are trivial crap, or they rush to get everything out as fast as humanly possible, so if you're so much a day over the less than a week deadline, they don't have anything.
  10. D'Snowth

Am I the only one annoyed by these Kmart commercials? "Thelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelightsthelights"... is that a for realz song? Were the producers at the label high when they okay'd that record?
    LadyDodgeballer and Drtooth like this.
  11. Drtooth

GAH! Yeah! I mentioned that in another thread like 2 weeks ago when they started up. What the heck is that supposed to be? Are they trying to be trendy? I mean, that's the most trailer trash store there is. Wal*mart's clientele makes fun of them. Every time I step into one, I get a huge feeling of despair and misery, and the prices aren't even that good (compared to Target or Wal*Mart). Especially the toy section. And to have such an annoying faux-trendy sounding commercial... UGH!
  12. D'Snowth

Is it just me, or do the Peanuts holiday specials look different every single year? Watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving these past two days, the colors look different than I remember - in fact, comparing to the DVD release, the color of the sky during Snoopy and Woodstock's secret Thanksgiving meal is orange on DVD, but on these recent TV airings, it was pink.
  13. Sgt Floyd

It could just be a case of different restorations. Sometimes if something is really old and they restore it for dvd release, colors can look different depending on how it was restored. Sometimes they reanimate things for no apparent reason (I'm looking at you, Lion King...)
  14. Pinkflower7783

Am I the only one in a Thanksgiving coma? :p
  15. Drtooth

It's called Digital Destruction.

I absolutely HATE what they did to the Frosty special. I swear they redubbed all of June Foray's lines with some little girl who could barely act. Redubbing June Foray should be a crime. It really takes away from the special, and that's the ONLY version of it we have.
  16. D'Snowth

Reading that article with Danny Antonucci on digital destruction, I actually know what he's talking about... I actually have the first two episodes of EEE taped when they first aired, and they actually do look like this: [​IMG] instead of this: [​IMG]

In addition to that, all of the sound was also sped up 4% for some reason, making the episodes seem like PAL broadcasts instead of NTSC, the end titles are in a different font, and the doodle of EEE behind the titles is blue instead of purple.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Strangely enough, the "Power DVD" program that is on most computers with a dvd drive does a good job "remastering" dvds by itself. It makes the picture a lot sharper and improves the colors a bit. Of course, you can turn it off, but yeah...It's a huge improvement on the Danny Phantom DVDs...in my opinion at least :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Pinkflower7783

I'm going shopping!
  19. D'Snowth

Am I the only one (well, aside from Nostalgia Critic, perhaps), who thinks "Abuse to Women is Funny" should totally be a trope? I know there's a similar one in existence that "Abuse is Okay When its Female on Male", but seriously, "Abuse to Women is Funny" should definitely be a trope. Good Burger can be the trope codifier, since this is where it came from.
  20. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people change their names on Facebook to joke names? It seems like it's girls who mainly do it but it's a little annoying to see. Example: someone named Isabelle changed their name to "Isa Belle Ringing" or someone who's name begins with a C changed her last name to "Ray Jespen". I've even seen "Nigel Thornberry" for Pete's sake. It's just a little annoying if you really need to find a person or can't remember their real name if you need to get in touch with them and they have that joke name up instead.