1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New "Am I the Only One" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Jun 17, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't Facebook, so I'm really not affected by this a whole lot.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

The only one I've seen my friends do is one person changed her first name to be more japanese looking :/
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I find that kind of annoying, just because it makes it hard to find certain people. I've seen people change their last name to their middle name so their profiles are easier to hide, but at least they still keep their first name the same.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yep! I find it annoying!
  5. robodog

robodog Active Member

I'm a recluse. I don't know enough people to make having a facebook page worthwhile.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

SMASHING!

[​IMG]

BLAAUUUGHHGHHGHGHH!!!
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I've never had to deal with that. Like Robodog, I don't have many friends on Facebook. :sigh:
  8. LadyDodgeballer

LadyDodgeballer New Member

TIM CURRY! AKA Long John Silver from the Muppets Treasure Island!
    [​IMG]
    Piggy The Frog and Hubert like this.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Ahem...

10. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Also...
  11. LadyDodgeballer

LadyDodgeballer New Member

Am I the only one or does everyone here love how weird Tim Curry is?
    newsmanfan and heralde like this.
  12. Drtooth

Am I the only one here that posted a meme expecting a memetic response?
  13. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

You're not the only one! :D
    LadyDodgeballer likes this.
  14. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Oh man, you know how I feel about that. I don't have Facebook, but it happens in other places, too. (As John has seen alongside me)
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Am I the only one just a tiny bit bothered by commercials that show like 2-3-4-year-olds working tablets, nooks, iPads, etc? And people are worried about teenagers being hooked on their phones and such...
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Toddlers learn from devices, teens just play with them.
    Nice logic :shifty:
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well, I think what's happening is that from what I've heard, there is a huge population of little kids on tablets now. Parents have them and let their kids play with them, even one of my local day cares has iPads for kids to use, since they say the games increase their vocabulary or something.

But yeah, I kinda have to worry that little kids spend too much time on electronics that they don't get as much time to create and imagine, resulting in disastrous effects.
  18. Drtooth

Am I the only one that hates that everytime there's a national tragedy, the only thing that gets done is Hollywood related? They constantly Bowlderize things, they pull episodes of stuff, they gut comedy shows to be respectful, and who could forget having to bring an I.D. to an R rated movie. Yet, gun control, security, caring for the mentally ill... that's just discussions we shirk off and we're not supposed to talk about until the next time it happens either?

I'm agreeing with a lot of sentiment out there... terrorist attacks forever changed airport security so you can't so much carry a bottle of water AND you get felt up to make sure you don't have a bomb strapped to your...eh... parts. But they do NOTHING when a mass shooting happens. OH! You can't be a Cosplayer when you go to the theater. That's it.

But HEY! Pulling episodes of shows the victims' families would probably never watch or not even be in the mood to watch now out of some halfbaked sense of respect... yeah... that's going to make this not happen again. That said, I commend what Warner Bros and the stars of The Dark Knight did.
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  19. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

If you're using the right programs, you can create and imagine on the iPad or any electronics. I don't think there's a problem with young children using electronics as long as their usage is monitored by parents or an adult figure and they are using programs that can actually teach something.
  20. Drtooth

The internet is a place where productivity goes to die a slow, painful death. But it's not the little kids who do that. It's everyone over that age, us included. We find some website with wacky stories that we keep having to read daily, we find Youtube videos of every variety and watch them endlessly... there's too many distractions here, EVEN this site. Everyone complaining about how much kids use technology use it far more than any of those kids do. Among other things, sure, parents can watch the kids and monitor what they do online and how much time they spend, but Who Watches the Watchmen?

Guaranteed, anyone who complains about how much someone uses an iPad would spend hours on Angry Birds if one's handed to them. No matter how hard they resist, crappy and repetitive iPhone games... they're Very addictive. Especially if they're very easy. No one wants to shut off an easy video game.