1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New "Am I the Only One" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Jun 17, 2008.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I thought I was, lol!

I mean, heck, I remember in Grade 7 when all of the sudden all the kids in school would say things like "That's tripholin (sp?)", "I heard she was tripholin", "Man, this is tripholin"... I had NO idea what the elmo "tripholin" meant, and I STILL don't know what it means, but from the way they were using it, I assume it's another way of saying something is unpleasant (like that episode of Recess where T.J. invents his own "whomps", and Miss Finster and Principal Prickley are convinced its a swear word).
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I'm not sure. Perhaps it may vary with me depending on how well or not I could understand them.:confused:

And Snowth if you were under Jeanette Miller's bed at the time when you threw those things up did she and her sisters force you to clean up the mess?:D;)
  3. D'Snowth

Well, that's a very interesting story...

See what happened was, they heard the retching noise, and they all freaked out because they weren't sure about what the heck was going on, then they smelled the barf and everything, so they all ran out of the room screaming; that's when I decided I'd leave now and come back later when I wasn't sick. So I run out of the room, and end up bumping into Miss Miller, and she's all "Where did YOU come from?", and then they're all looking under Jeanette's bed at the mess, and the next thing I knew Brittany kicked me in the crotch for hiding under her little sister's bed in the first place... so, clean up was a very painful process indeed.

And I type this while still hiding under her bed, but boy, there's not much room down here...
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

You're one of the few. Then agian, I'm younger than you are, so I quess I'd have a more worldly knowledge of teen-slang. Those the immature boys who were in my class practically use a swear word in each of their sentances, probobly to look and sound cool.
  5. D'Snowth

Swearing ain't kewl.
  6. Oscarfan

Tell them that.
  7. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Now, the question is, my friends, am I the only one who rambles for the sake of rambling at all? I mean, it's sort of just like enjoying the sound of your voice....?

Yeeeeeah. Something like that. ;)
  8. D'Snowth

I don't like the sound of my voice when I hear it played back... it sounds like all whiny and nasally, but I don't mind if I'm actually doing a character voice, mainly because I like to hear the different voices I can achieve.

But sometimes I talk to myself, I really can carry on a conversation with myself... I think it has something to do with me being a Gemini, because I really can develop two different personalities then.

Not to mention the fact you're the only one you know you can have a conversation with where the other person DOESN'T look for a conversation ender.

Exactly!

Great minds think a like.

Well, we're literally the same mind.

Makes no matter though does it?

No I guess it doesn't.
  9. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Dude, exactly what happened to me when I was in highschool!
    I don't know what that word means either, but man, I don't even understand "trippin'" is.

Examples of things I recieved from highschool:

"I need some cheddar to get myself some food over at the machine." (I ended up buying her cheddar and she bursted out laughing---it means money---oh lord)

"That be tope, girl!" (I thought it was some kind of drug, but it's actually meaning "cool")

"Lookie my new rides!" (I searched for what I thought meant a car...and it was actually the sneakers...)

"You knocked that guy down in that football game, Claudia! Man, he thought he was all wanksta wit you, homes!" (I thought wanksta was an expression made to those who were homosexual *no offense*. It turns out that that means "guy who acts tough")

Examples when I hit college:

"I ganked some gum." (I thought he meant puked...it meant steal...shame on John...-_- I kept telling him not to).

"Just because you got a B in your test, doesn't mean you should be JV (junior varsity) about it, Claudia." (It means dislike or something).

---
  10. BeakerSqueedom

Sir, I'm a rambler extreme.
  11. Oscarfan

That's partiacally the same with me. When I hear my voice from some recording, I sound awful! Just look at the Fenwick videos I made; I'm not using any kind of charcter voice, just my regular voice. It sounds horrible. Plus, my various other vocies/impressions don't sound good either.
  12. D'Snowth

I never really understood "trippin'" either, but I remember one time I make a joke about going on a field trip, and I was like "Well, I guess we'll be FIELD trippin', eh?"

*Cricket... cricket... cricket... cricket...*

And I thought "wanksta" was someone who had sex a lot?
  13. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Ah yeah, I know, I always think I sound stupid whenever I hear myself played back. But what I was referring to necessarily was when you're kinda hyper and you're just talking to yourself.....lol.. :insatiable:

Yeah, actually, I think the reason people always sound different on tape (to them, at least) is because it has something to do with the way the sound waves are received inside your head and the way others receive them. Pretty interesting, though. :search:

Lol, I thought 'trippin' meant you were 'tripping' on drugs, or something...
  14. BeakerSqueedom

HAHAHA, field TRIPPIN'! XD
    Best slang pun EVER!

o_0 Hmm...I looked up wankster and it said otherwise...unless I'm...wrong. XD

I went to an all-ebony school...so I have a bit of ghetto in me...unfortunatley...xP I was STILL a "cracker" to them.
    Funny 'cause I'm hispanic...XD
  15. D'Snowth

Lol, yeah, my middle school was IN the ghetto, but I never once was refered to as a "cracker"... mostly names like "Hamburger", "Fatso", "Fatty", "Drew Carey Tummy", "Titty Baby"...
  16. Oscarfan

Aw, it's okay. I'm was bullied too. Well, not so much bullied, but not very noticed or respected.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I was bullied too, but that was because I was the only one to bother with school where I was. And now, I am in college & all the rest of them are out trying--and loads failing--to make a living. Ha!
  18. BeakerSqueedom

Snowthy, you rock.
    They don't know what they're saying.
    I understand you.

My nickname(s) was [Middle/High]:

Harry Pothead (I dunno WHY)

Floodie ('cause I wore Steve Urkle pants...)

Flattie ('cause I wasn't developed through middleschool and highschool--but now I prove them wrong...some even suggested that I get plastic surgery...eh...now I'm all curvy)

Pagechewer ('cause I studied too much)

Nosewart (my nose considered big)

Apple eater/ Puke machine (I was underweight from stress in those times, I'm ok NOW...and all I ate was an apple in school because I was busy teaching children over at them kindergarten classes during lunchtime....because children make me feel better. Funny thing was that I was never anorexic to start with)

Olivia (I was scrawny plus the nose, popeye)

Crackhead (Dunno why I got this one! XD)

Crackbone Claudia (I bumped people too hard in football)

Wacky Wilder (My hair was terribly unruly in those years thus referring to my eccentricity and wacky hair *Gene Wilder look*)

Babysitter (Because I spent time with the younger students over at the private school and never with my peers. I relate to children)

Stick fingers (Skinny)

Artsy Fartsy (I was excellent in art class...and the fartsy was because some peeps would put whoopie cushions in my seat when I wasn't looking)

Roachsitter (I have a grudge with this one. They slipped a live roach in my seat in math class....I didn't know...and oh gosh I never heard the end of it)

Ugly (Obvious) x3

I have a library of names.
    XD
  19. Oscarfan

Kids can be so cruel.
  20. D'Snowth

Again Squeegee, I don't see how your nose is "big"... I mean, my idea of a big nose if like Alan Alda, Jamie Farr, Barbra Streisand, etc.