The New Am I The Only One Thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I thought one of the best Family Feud moments was when Richard said, "name the month where a woman begins to look pregnant." The contestant said "September," and they had to stop the clock because Richard lost it.

Am I the only Child of the 80's here?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Am I the only one who prefers "Fievel Goes West" to the original "An American Tail"? I mean, the original is a great movie and all, but it's a bit too dark and depressing for my tastes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like both, but I think if there's something I have a preference for between the two, it's Don Bluth's animation in the original; Universal's animation for FIEVEL GOES WEST isn't bad, but it could be a tad unsettling at times - especially when characters would open their mouths unnaturally wide.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's totally indifferent to spoilers? I know some people really wig out about having a show or movie spoiled for them, but really, I could care less if something is spoiled or not: if it's something I really want to see, I'm still going to see it regardless. In fact, sometimes knowing what happens makes me excited for seeing it even more - like when I was a kid, and the U.K. would get new episodes of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG before we did, hearing about what happened in certain episodes made me want to see them all the more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's totally indifferent to spoilers? I know some people really wig out about having a show or movie spoiled for them, but really, I could care less if something is spoiled or not: if it's something I really want to see, I'm still going to see it regardless. In fact, sometimes knowing what happens makes me excited for seeing it even more - like when I was a kid, and the U.K. would get new episodes of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG before we did, hearing about what happened in certain episodes made me want to see them all the more.
I did see a video about how knowing about a plot twist or a plot can actually enhance the viewing experience, because it's more about how we get there. Usually, if the writing is good enough, then you should be able to enjoy the story regardless. However, I do think it depends on the story.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Quickly moving away from politics now...

Am I the only one who isn't surprised that the Julie doll was a flop? Compared to Worlds of Wonder's previous success, Teddy Ruxpin, she looked like she would scare the crap out of little girls. Along with the My Buddy doll, Julie was likely the other inspiration for Chucky.

And unlike the commercial above, Julie spoke with a synthesized voice á la the Speak & Spell. At least with Teddy, you had pre-recorded voices on cassettes. And she apparently wasn't very rugged either, as this YouTube video demonstrates.

I don't hear a synthesized voice in her.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Am I the only one who learns pretty much everything about pop culture the unconventional way:Through parodies on other shows (Mad, Robot Chicken, SNL, Jimmy Fallon, etc.). Yeah, pretty much all my pop culture knowledge that isn't about Muppet/Henson stuff, HTF, The Simpsons, Pokémon, Super Smash Bros, and Star Wars is thanks to silly little skits I see on TV and YouTube. Seriously though, ask me a simple Star Trek or Dr. Who question and I won't be able to answer it but if you ask me the name of the obscure dragon Muppet from The Ed Sullivan Show (Fred) or the name of the obscure pig character that showed up in one HTF episode (Truffles), then I can answer it lol

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
Really, one of the reasons the FIM version is so popular is because it was created by the wife of the creator of Powerpuff Girls.
You are, of course, referring to Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken. The wife would be called "Lauren McCracken," but somehow the maiden name is still used. She also had a part in helping Craig with the first season of Wander Over Yonder.

Which brings me to this question:

Am I the only one who prefers Wander Over Yonder over other 2010s Disney shows?

The premise! The characters! The scenery! The music! The animation! What's not to appreciate?

It's been four years since the show officially premiered (and with the highest Nielsen rating it ever got on the Disney Channel). I wanted to watch it because it's made by the same genius behind the two hit shows on CN, both of which ended properly. Also, it's been bugging me how most fans of MLP and other shows that get all the love are unaware of Wander's existence. You'd think voice actors would have been wise enough to let their fans know of the roles they'd be playing in the show. If the show had a Facebook page or some other social media, there's no way they'd miss it.

Speaking of social media, I'm following "CrackMcCraigen" on Twitter, since I truly believe Wander deserves attention. I don't bother to follow other cartoonists/famous people because they're either too popular, too full of themselves, too crude, or all of the above.

As of now, the online petition has over 44,300 supporters and the number gradually goes higher. Of course, sending letters and emails is the best way to get the executives' attention. Unless we let them know how much we care about the show and how unhappy we are about where it was left off, we'll never know what Lord Hater's backstory is.

Okay, rant over.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm a guy who likes to be surprised, so if it's one thing I've learned on what to do, especially if it's a TV show I'm getting into late, avoid watching clips or looking up images and liking fan pages until I know I'm caught up. Because people are just jerks and like to ruin everything.

I can already say this is an issue I've faced especially with The Walking Dead because these dumb*** people are just like "Herp derp dis iz gunna happen cuz it happened in da komiks lolololololol"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Alright, so I may or may not come off as biased saying this, but here it goes....

Am I the only one who absolutely CAN NOT stand dog owners who have absolutely no idea what they're doing?

Like, just now, I was going for a walk in my neighborhood. A blue house who's owner has a golden retriever is outside sleeping. He wakes up, and surprise, surprise.....

"BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!!!!!! *Growling*" and began running up to me.

I've gotten to understand dog body language and personalities more, and I know most dogs who are cautious just sit and bark or come up and sniff you to get a better understanding. But when a dog just keeps barking and growling and don't stop as they get closer, that's where I get worried they're going to try and attack me.

But anyway, the guy respectfully apologized and said he was friendly and I moved on.

But, um.... "Friendly?" Oh, yeah, sure. A dog that just comes up to me barking and growling viciously is "friendly" alright. :rolleyes:

It really bugs me when dog owners are like "oh my God, I've never seen my dog do that! He/she is so friendly!" Um, gee, did you maybe, I dunno, socialize your dog with other people so they get to have an understanding of the human race and train them so they learn to behave?

Unless a dog has bipolar disorder then I can understand that. But sometimes, you just get a hunch that the dog was not properly given the love and training it needs when it was a puppy and had poor owners.

At the end of the day, don't plan on getting a dog if you don't do your homework with it.