1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The New Am I The Only One Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks Obama looks like Ray Charles in this picture with the sunglasses and gray hair?

[​IMG]

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Sort of, I guess.

3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

If he could bang the piano keys and sing "What I'd Say", we might have room for him in our band.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Great song! I loved hearing it in the movie "Heart and Souls" when Hal the bus driver is looking at a guy touching a woman...well, down below, instead of paying attention to the road. :laugh:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

On the topic of Ray Charles, am I the only one that used to confuse him with Bill Cosby, when I was really little?

6. LittleJerry92

Can see that... Similar appearances and all....

7. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who thinks Little Jerry and the Monotones look SUPER baked in the drawing on the left?

[​IMG]

(Guess it would make sense; them dressed up as hippies and all...)

fuzzygobo and ConsummateVs like this.
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

9. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who finds it very annoying when you try to be funny yet no one has a laugh and completely takes the fun out of it, yet when you actually try being serious, everyone starts laughing?

Pig's Laundry and ConsummateVs like this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, it's very, um, flustering? Especially when you're easily embarrassed and really shy like I am, so you have to muster up all of your courage to even give your opinion about something.

Another thing that bothers me is when you're joking around with your parents, and then all of a sudden they start lecturing you. Like, okay Mom, yeah I know it's illegal to set fire to llamas in an orphanage, it was just a joke.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  11. LittleJerry92

Okay, am I the only one who thinks this family in world's strictest parents has some serious issues?

Like, I'm respectful when I'm around adults I don't know, but if I don't know you well, you aren't getting a "yes/no sir/ma'am" out of me unless I feel you earned it from me. The fact that they're practically having first world problems over it is pretty sad.

And on another note, am I the only one who thinks the mom looks like a freaking serial killer?

I mean, look at her face during her interviews. She literally never blinks at all and her eyes are wide.

12. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one that honestly doesn't like to use Facebook anymore?

I'll be honest..... I really don't. Ever since this year and last year, Facebook has just become less and less enjoyable.

Yesterday I saw a status from a college friend of mine saying to delete her if you associate yourself with white supremacists. Granted, I can't say I blame her, but honestly, I was thinking to myself, "is that ALL you can come up with for a status? Especially on a day like Christmas?"

Facebook has also, in my opinion, gotten really boring. All you do half the time is just share the same repetitive photos from different pages. The only reason I obviously stay on there is to keep in touch with friends and family, but even then, I just find myself wanting to leave more and more half the time I use it.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  13. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I know we have the Fraggle thread for this, but am I the only one who hates Funko Pops?

"Here's an idea: let's strip the characters of all their personality by taking away their pupils!"

"Yeah! That's great!"

[​IMG]

It just bothers me that something I hate so much has become such a fad. The sad thing is, Funko makes some great figures. I recently picked up their Disney Afternoon line, and these figures are flawless; they even come in beautiful '80/'90s-styled packaging:

[​IMG]

So literally we could have just normal figures of all these beloved properties, but no: everything has to have a giant head, soulless bug eyes or some other weird gimmick these days, and I'm the only one who doesn't understand it.

Imagine if instead of Fraggle Rock Pops they just made beautiful figures like these Disney Afternoon ones; same for Sesame Street, and all the other properties they have, and they have everything.

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, I never liked Funko Pops either, and for the same reason.

Now, I do, however, like Vinyl Idolz - a line they've acquired - those are pretty good, but whenever designs them needs a lesson or two in eye pupil placement, because almost all of them have a strange, Marty Feldman thing going on with their eyes.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  15. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

When it comes to Fraggle likenesses, especially in plush, they've nailed down Gobo and Red very well.
    Sadly, I've never seen a really good Mokey plush. There was a line of them released during the show's original run, but Mokey was... Coyote Ugly!

16. LittleJerry92

They all look the same.

I never liked Funko pops either.

17. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I'm not too crazy about them, either.

18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one whose mind was blown after realizing that Fozzie never actually said Wocka Wocka until the Muppet Movie?

19. Pig's Laundry

Wait. Whaaaat?????

20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member