The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're apparently rather popular in France, so that could explain it, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who shaves against the grain? I know they say you're supposed to shave with the grain, but I find the overall shave is closer and cleaner when you go against it. It's more uncomfortable though, so I often have to bury my face into a wet, hot washcloth (which you know I don't enjoy) to loosen the pores and soften whiskers to make the shave less uncomfortable.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one who shaves against the grain? I know they say you're supposed to shave with the grain, but I find the overall shave is closer and cleaner when you go against it. It's more uncomfortable though, so I often have to bury my face into a wet, hot washcloth (which you know I don't enjoy) to loosen the pores and soften whiskers to make the shave less uncomfortable.
I shaved against the grain for the same reasons you do. But, you know what happened? I got ingrown hairs, thus making my face burn and get itchy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get razor burns and shaving nicks quite often myself (but then again, I have really, really sensitive skin, even for a man), but I don't believe I've ever had a problem with ingrown hairs.

Now, on the subject of ingrown nails (finger or toe), I seem to be prone to those quite often.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Now, on the subject of ingrown nails (finger or toe), I seem to be prone to those quite often.
Same here. I usually get an ingrown toenail at least twice a year. Unpleasant little pricks. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
With an electric razor it's a moot point.
When I still used a straight razor, I tended to shave down (with the grain) then up (against it) just to get a close shave.
Electric is better for me. No nicks either.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Am I the only one who still listens to the songs "Gangnam Style", "Gentleman", and "What Does The Fox Say?" every once in a while.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that certain stock sound FX are way overused and need to die? The biggest one to me is that one group of angry cats, which is the Wilhelm Scream of animal sounds. From what I've heard, it was recorded about 30 years ago and was first used in DuckTales. I know not everyone can be Frank Welker or Clarence Nash and convincingly imitate just about any animal there is, but it can't be that hard to do a passable imitation of a screeching cat, can it?

It sounds really petty and it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of anything that uses this sound, but it has irritated me enough in recent years for me to bring this up.

http://www.audiomicro.com/animals-cat-fight-cats-two-angry-yowlsd-pe022601-sound-effects-149085