1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The New Am I The Only One Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who dosen't care for Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? It seems like it's all the rage right now (I see a lot of people say they're addicted to it) but I thought it was boring, and this is coming from a huge Animal Crossing fan. I mean, it's cute and all, but there's just not a whole lot to do.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It’s a campsite and that’s it. I was expecting it to be just like the original game, but no.

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who couldn't get into Animal Crossing period?

Sorry..... Just not my cup of tea. :smirk:

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Okay, you know how @D'Snowth says he was never a fan of SpongeBob?

Well.... Am I the only one who honestly couldn't get into Cow and Chicken? Not that it's a bad show.... I just couldn't get past the voices for the characters. Especially Cow.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, you're not. When I was a kid, I was practically the only one who liked Cow and Chicken (same with Rocko). There were some other exceptions, but it seemed like the general consensus back then was that the show was "stupid," and nobody really cared about it. When I think back on it, I think it was mainly because they never "got" the show's humor . . . and at the same time, now that I'm an adult and have abetter understanding of things, I realize that I didn't get it at the time either - it just simply entertained me - but hoo boy, do I get a lot of it now (again, same with Rocko).

On the other hand, however, Cow and Chicken was apparently really huge over in the U.K. for whatever reason: they even had all kinds of merchandise that America never got, like toys and such.

6. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who honestly used to be scared of the sound of blenders as a kid?

It was mainly due to a sensitivity to loud noises, but ugh.... I remember as a kid watching that Sesame Street cartoon with Maria counting objects and the sound of the blenders absolutely terrified me as they did in real life.

7. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Blenders did nothing to me, but popping balloons would freak me out.

8. LittleJerry92

Balloons popping only made me sad as a kid since their time was up.... But yeah, it certainly is startling...

9. fuzzygobo

The only time balloons made me sad:
    I was five, my family went to this carnival. I had this big green balloon. Mom kept asking to tie it to my wrist so I don't lose it.
    No, I'm a big boy, I insisted. I won't let go.
    Went on all the rides, played games, had a hot dog or two, never let go.
    At the end of the day, going back to the car, finally let go, and man! Those balloons can climb skyward real fast, can't they?
    Cried the whole car trip home. Cold comfort from Mom
    "Well, I told you so."
    At least it didn't pop on me.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  10. LittleJerry92

Yup, been there, done that. I let go of a balloon in the gym at my elementary school (I forget what was going on there).... All the way up to the ceiling.

Definitely a life lesson, for sure.

On the subject of balloons.... I remember once thinking of an idea of a cartoon duo... A young boy (about the age of 10) who's best friend happens to be an anthramorphic balloon.... Idk, I could see this idea coming on Nick or Cartoon Network at some point....

11. fuzzygobo

It's already been done. A short film from 1956 called "The Red Balloon". Done in French, but precious little dialogue, so there's no need for subtitles.
    Worth watching. The balloon is very loyal to the boy (named Pascal) waits for him to come home from school, and the balloon brings a little color to a drab postwar Paris.
    Won't give away the ending, but if you like balloons, it might bring a tear to your eye.

12. D'Snowth

I know a lot of people are quick to note the similarities between Elmo and Baby Sinclair's voices, but am I the only one who thinks Baby Sinclair's voice actually sounds more like it's somewhere in between Elmo and Kingston Livingston?

13. LittleJerry92

Can definitely say that.

Like if Kingston were a baby.

14. fuzzygobo

In the early days of Sesame, popping balloons were common.
    I felt bad for Ernie when Grover popped his stash.
    Ernie's imaginary balloon that wakes up Bert and sends a seismic wave throughout the room.
    Various cartoons (usually including birds using their beaks to pop them).
    And the biggest offender of all, the guy pumping up the balloon demonstrating More and Less.
    Anytime any of these clips came on, I had to turn the volume way down.
    Loud noises like balloons popping made me a nervous wreck. So how did I cope with it? JOINED A BAND!!!!!! Brilliant! 8)

15. LittleJerry92

In spite of how he is now..... Am I the only one who thinks Trump was.... Pretty normal back in the day?

Sometimes I wonder if he just wasn't showing his true colors at the time, but other times I wonder if maybe age and drugs just caught up with him.

16. D'Snowth

That's been the subject of discussion quite often, is that there once upon a time when Trump could actually speak intelligently and articulately . . . now, medical experts are saying that he's got the vocabulary of a fourth-grader.

It's being speculated that he's slipping into dementia or Alzheimer's or something. I, personally, wonder if he's on the autism spectrum, given that a lot of his behavior is very, very similar to many of these so-called Sesame Brats on YouTube (and someone here who will attack you if you say anything remotely critical of Disney).

Froggy Fool likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Oh yes, because we can't trigger the hardcore Disney fanboy.

Donald having autism? Hhmm...... Honestly, I wouldn't pass it off as impossible.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  18. fuzzygobo

There was an episode of the Celebrity Apprentice (I can't even remember who was involved) where the teams built Muppet Whatnots, put on skits, and Brian Henson judged them.
    One of the celebrities really got into it, and even impressed Brian. That takes some doing.

So for Six Degrees of Separation between Trump and Jim Henson (despite Tough Pigs' objections) this is as close as you'll ever get.

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I don't think it's autism, and if it is then he had a really good publicist in the 80s and 90s. But, if it is autism, why wouldn't he have shown signs before? Autism is a spectrum and effects different people in different ways, but it's not some degenerative mental illness.

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  20. LittleJerry92

So.... This is probably going to sound very odd, but um...

Am I the only one who's driven to a spot in my car.... Just to sleep?