The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember as a little kid finding a Pokemon shirt in Spencer's (this was back when Pokemon was still relatively new to the states, and almost every kid in America was a Pokemaniac) . . . I also remembering finding something on the floor in the back area, and when I picked it up to see what it was, some weird, unidentifiable liquid spilled all over my hand and left it sticky and smelly for weeks.

:eek:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" is actually a rather annoying song? And this is coming from someone who loves oldies.
That's actually one of my favorite songs, but I dig why someone wouldn't like it. It's a different strokes for different folks sort of thing.

I used to go into Spencer's a lot during the late 1990's, when I was in my teens. They used to have a bunch of Monkees merchandise.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll be honest,

One song I've found to be a little grating is EVERYBODY MUST. GET. STONED. And this is coming from a big Bob Dylan fan.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'll be honest,

One song I've found to be a little grating is EVERYBODY MUST. GET. STONED. And this is coming from a big Bob Dylan fan.
Fair enough. I always enjoyed it for it's simplicity, but I can understand how it's repetitive nature and possibly the vocals could annoy someone.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Fair enough. I always enjoyed it for it's simplicity, but I can understand how it's repetitive nature and possibly the vocals could annoy someone.
Yeah, that's kind of where I was going. Plus, there are better songs out there about getting high...

So what, we get druuuuuunk
So what, we smoke weeeeeed
We're just having fuuuuuun
We don't care who seeeeeees....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of where I was going. Plus, there are better songs out there about getting high...

So what we go out?
That’s how its supposed to be
Living young and wild and free

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

One two three, spread out the cape
One two three, twirl round the floor
One two three, left foot you swing
One two three, then start to sing
One two three, loud as you please
One two three, counting with ease
One two three, doing the batty bat
:batty:

My favorite song about getting high.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'll be honest,

I love Dylan too. (For the uninitiated, the song in question is called "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35") The opening track from his 1966 "Blonde On Blonde" album. I can see where the line might grate on some, but I would've given anything to be in the room when this song was recorded.
Dylan and some of Nashville's finest whooping and hollering, having the time of their lives.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did a tremendous cover of this in 1992 at Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert at Madison Square Garden. Brought the house down!